Fiftieth Aegyo

After another night at the hospital, and Woohyun's constant cuddles, Jean was finally discharged. Of course, we're a bit shaken at the fact of going back to the university but our friends told us that everything will be fine. To our surprise, Woohyun decided to tag along and walked with us inside the campus ( no disguise, mind you ). Everyone was shocked and staring at us ( more specifically at Woohyun ) as we headed inside the building. Maybe Woohyun wanted to make sure that Jean is safe from harm's way, for he has a protective arm around her shoulders. Who wouldn't after knowing our predicament back when the scandal just started. All I can say is that Jean is really lucky. Woohyun never left her side and even ignored calls from his manager. He only stated that Jean is his MAJOR priority now so stardom could wait. He even took care of her ( like feeding her during meal time, fixing her pillows and making sure that she's comfortable, etc. ). Jean is always a tomato every time he does such things, but happiness is evident in her eyes.

So back to the part where we're walking through the halls. People would stop and stare as we passed. Still, like I've said earlier, fear is evident in our eyes for they might start ridiculing us again and even involve Woohyun at that. But when we reached the courtyard did our perspective changed. At the middle stood Mrs. Park, with a smile on her face. Behind her were swarms of students holding cut-out heart-shaped papers. We were wondering what's the occasion but it turned out that it is a means to reconcile and make peace with one another. Everyone screamed their apologies and told us that no matter what, we'll always have their backs. Jean's accident became an eye opener to them. That we're innocent people caught up in the middle of the war. That it wasn't our fault to begin with. The person who threw the paint jar came running up to Jean and hugged her tight as she chanted " sorry " while tears fell from her eyes. Jean only hugged her and stated that she has longed forgiven her. The whole day was spent with laughter as we sat together eating cake ( that the students majoring in culinary arts baked ). 

Jean and I are glad that the tension between our schoolmates has finally been lifted and we continued living our normal lives. But of course, from time to time Woohyun would invite us out ( and in respect to my feelings, he didn't brought Myungsoo in every hang outs that he organizes ). It has always been the three of us every time we meet up. Although I sometimes feel like I'm a third wheeler ( well Jean and Woohyun are dating ). Still, it was fun hanging out again. 

...But there is always the feeling of [emptiness] lingering inside...        

Right now, I realized that I'm standing on Banpo bridge, overlooking the horizon. I did wanted to go here because I couldn't take the events unfolding before me. Moments ago, Woohyun invited Jean and I out for dinner and came to pick us up with the company's car. Since the weather is nice and the view is just perfect, Woohyun suggested that we walk our way towards the place he recommended. And so, the driver slowed down and dropped us off at the terminal, stating that we call him if ever we want to go back, before driving away. We continued our adventure on foot and admired our surroundings. Although I feel out of place. Why you ask? Lovers can be seen scattered around the area. Some were walking hand in hand, some were laughing while in each others' arms and the rest are either seen cuddling or enjoying the moment. Even Jean and Woohyun are starting to be all " mushy " with each other. It's not that I'm jealous but the scene in front of me just breaks my heart.

Myungsoo and I could have been happy right now.....having our own happy ending.....    

I suddenly stopped on my tracks. My actions caught my companions' attention and they turned to ask what was wrong. I only smiled at them and pointed at the outline of a bridge from afar, stating that I'm curious about it and wanted to check it out. Woohyun offered to take us there but I insisted that it's alright, and that, I'll catch up with them later. The two reluctantly agreed at my offer and told me the details of the restaurant before parting ways. Maybe they did noticed my sadness. 

Even so, it's also my fault for being a coward. He was already right there, waiting for me to make the move. Only the glass-windows was what separated us but I decided to run away. And now I'm suffering the consequences.

Sighing, I leaned on the railings and continued staring at the vermillion sky. 

Maybe it is better that he finds someone much more worthy than me. I couldn't even face nor fight for our love....I'm a failure.....a bloody failure.....how disappointing....