First Aegyo

One bright side in my stay in Korea is that Jean and I are dorm mates AND most of our classes have the other in it. Furthermore, we live in a quad-type-of-dorm-room ( four person bedroom ) with the other two occupants being koreans ( they are actually selected students responsible to guide and teach us regarding their culture during our stay. Usually honor students are picked, according to Mrs. Park ). We're actually living in the dorms for Exchange Students ( thus, it is only exclusive for said students and their partnered " guide ", who will be occupying it. If there are no exchange students, the dorm is said to be vacated or not in use till the students arrive ). Our room is on the top floor ( the dorm has only eight floors ) and has the needed necessities like wifi connections, an area for laundry at the back and each floors has their own kitchen and dining area. Also, each room has a connected bathroom so  that it won't be hard to take quick showers if you're in a hurry or if you want to go to the toilet at night.

So let's describe our dorm room: each single bed are pushed to a corner ( so two beds are on the far left corner and the other on the far right ) with each having a study table beside it that has a lamp ( just in case you're studying late or just want to read a book if you can't sleep, so as not to disturb the other occupants in the room ). On the wall beside the door stood four closets with the lower compartment used to store anything like books or food, etc. If you open the closet doors, you'll find a divider: on the left is where you can hang clothes and on the right is where you'll see cabinet holes where you can put folded up clothes, shoes, toiletries and other things that you want to put in it. The room is air conditioned and has a terrace and at the same time the floor is carpeted. And one last thing, on the wall near the door to the terrace lies a flat-screen tv that we can use if we want to watch movies ( there's actually a DVD set ) or other channels ( I wonder if they have Animax ).

And now it's time to introduce the other two occupants who will be considered as our " adopted " family: first is Lee Hae-won, a student studying Psychology. Has long wavy hair and is the same height as Jean. She's gentle and slim and loves to read literature. She comes from a family of lawyers ( though she still chooses to study Psychology for she wanted to become a doctor someday and become a Psyciatrist ). Her house is quite near the campus ( and since she's chosen to be one of our " guides " then she now resides with us in the dorms ). She's older than Jean by a year ( Jean is twenty so that makes Hae-won twenty-one ). She's hospitable and wants to make people comfortable ( she actually helped us carry our luggages to the room ).

Next is Kwan Yuna. She's of Korean and Chinese descent. A talkative fellow but has a kind heart. Has short curly hair and is a head taller than me. We're actually the same age ( I'm nineteen ). She studies Culinary Arts and dreams to become a patissier and run her own pastry shop ( I can see that for when we arrived, she offered us cookies that she baked just moments ago ). Like Hae-won, she comes from a family of chefs. Her house is slightly far from the campus but she drives so it's okay. 

The four of us instantly became close and started talking about ourselves and interest. The funny part here is that I gave the two a nickname: Hae-won is Hae-chan and Yuna is Yuna-chan ( can't blame my otakuness here ).

" So you guys came from Australia? How cool I've always wanted to see Kangaroos and cute Koalas!! " Yuna exclaimed while hugging her pillow. She and Hae-won takes the two beds on the right while Jean and I are on the left ( my bed is situated near the opening to the terrace ). 

" I heard good things about your country. " Hae-won smiled at us while she was busy knitting something ( I guess I forgot to mention that her favorite past time is to knit ). She usually knits during free times or just want to relax. 

" Well you should try going there next time. " I exclaimed while hugging my Zero ( from Vampire Knight ) plushie. I really liked Vampire Knight and the first time I saw it I got hooked ( well that also happens with other animes ) but in this case it's different. After discovering the anime, I started purchasing items related to the anime, especially of Zero ( since he's my favorite character ). I got him as my wallpaper in my phone and even as a cellphone strap as well and I got his chibi keychain hanging on my bag as well.

" You bet I will!!! " Yuna grinned at me.

Jean suddenly stood and retrieved something from her suitcase. They're a pack of chocolates and she gave the two a pack each. Yuna suddenly had her eyes widenned that started sparkling as she stared at the cadbury chocolates ( different flavors might I add ) and started drooling whereas for Hae-won she thanked us for the chocolates and placed it on her study table ( and might eat it later ).

" I think we should eat in a traditional korean restaurant later for dinner. " Hae-won said as she grabbed her phone. " I'll make reservations since the owner is actually my uncle. "

" Oh you shouldn't have. " Jean suddenly smiled, embarassed. " But if you insist then it doesn't hurt and I also wanted to try a couple of Korean cuisines. "

" I promise you will have a great time tonight. " Hae-won replied before reverting her attention to the phone.

" Are there any Japanese restaurants here? " I suddenly asked out of the blue. Well I am curious and would want to eat a couple of sushis or enjoy a hot bowl of ramen ( Zero's favorite dish ).

" Japanese food? " Yuna suddenly tilted her head to the side. 

Jean could only roll her eyes before answering, " You ate a lot back in Australia before you went to Korea and shouldn't we concentrate on their delicacies more? "

" I'm just wondering, is all. " I pouted before standing up and grabbing a bag of chips from my food storage at the lower compartment of my closet. " And I'd still try some Korean foods and from time to time I might want to eat sashimi or nikujaga. "

" Typical. " Jean sighed before grabbing the remote and turning the tv on.

And on cue INFINITE's " Back " is playing.

" 맙소사!!! ( Oh my gosh!!! ) " Yuna suddenly jumped from her bed. " INFINITE!!!! "

" You like them too? " I saw Jean's smile widenned tenfold and started jumping with the former. " Who's your bias??!! "

" It's Dongwoo, you? "

" Woohyun!!! "

And the two started singing along. Hae-won suddenly approached me and smiled. " You like INFINITE too? "

" I guess I do. " I said before glancing at the screen, seeing L singing and dancing. I suddenly blushed so hard and tried to fight the grin that is about to show itself. My companion suddenly smirked at this.

" You like L? " She asked. " I actually like Sunggyu. "

" I never knew. " I said while sheepishly smiling at her. " And yes you got that right. "

" Blythe it's your beloved L!!! " Jean suddenly called as she was pointing at the screen, showing L dancing to the chorus.

" Kami-sama please. " I covered my tomato face with both my hands as I so desperately tried to fight from squealing as well. " L is too kawaii~ for me. "

" It's official: the four of us are fans of INFINITE. " Yuna started dancing to the rhythm of the song. " Let's form our own fan club!!! "

" And call ourselves exclusively the Four Inspirits of the campus? " Jean exclaimed while laughing at Yuna's attempt to dance " Back. "

" You bet!!! " The latter grinned cheekily.

And we all continued watching the music video before taking a quick shower and headed to Hae-won's uncle's restaurant for dinner, which I ate a lot for the food is great. Afterwards we head back to the dorms and had a good night's rest, preparing ourselves for tomorrow's lessons.