Prologue

" Welcome to Korea everyone. " I heard our professor say as I was struggling with my luggage, good thing my carry-on is a knap sack. Tucking my raven hair behind my ear ( my hair is very long actually, ends a few inches above my waist. I usually put it down and not tie it up in a ponytail or a bun, which sometimes goes in the way of my face but it's fine ), I head towards the place where a couple of my school mates are assembling. Who'd have thought being an exchange student can sometimes be hectic what not with the heavy luggage worth for a year.

" Hey why is there a frown on your face? " I turned to see my best friend, Jean, smiling at me as she was wheeling her luggage beside me. Jean Mitchell was her name, she is of French and American descent but her French blood is the dominating one. With a height of 5'7, everyone admires her ability in solving mathematical equations quickly and at the same time excels in class. Has sharp crystal blue eyes and usually ties her brown hair ( I almost forgot she's a brunette ) with a bow, which she converts into a headband. 

As for my introduction, I'm Blythe Taylor of English and Australian descent. Just like with Jean, my English blood is the dominating one. Height of 5'5, everyone knows me as the sporty type of girl who excels in soccer and at the same time in academics ( except math, I suck at that ). Jean and I are also honor students so there are times when we have sleep-overs in one of our homes to study and teach the other about things that is deemed as their weakness ( for my case, it's math ). Like what I said earlier, I always put my hair down ( even when playing soccer, I don't tie my hair in a ponytail ). Also, people say my eyes are beautiful. I actually have emerald eyes you see but I find Jean's eye color much beautiful than mine ( I guess it's because I like the color blue so much and it reminds me of the ocean ).

Moving on, the reason why Jean and I are in Korea right now is because we're exchange students. We're in our 2nd year of college taking up BA Communication Arts. I guess our headmaster wanted us to mingle with other cultures so as to study them and gain some insights. I'm actually cool with that I mean I've always wanted to experience being an exchange student but the problem is: I didn't wanted to go to Korea.

" There's that frown again. " My best friend said as she pinched my cheeks. I could only sigh and slap her hand away.

" Why must it be Korea? " I pouted while staring at our surroundings. I could see a lot of Koreans everywhere though there are a couple of foreigners from time to time. 

" What's wrong with Korea? " Jean raised a brow as she placed both her hands on her waist. " I know you wanted to go to Japan but the slot's already full!!! "

" B-But it's always every otaku's dream to visit Japan. " I sniffed as I clutched on her sleeves. " Take me to Japan!!! "

" Whatever. " She rolled her eyes at me before grabbing her trolley. " Let's go, they're heading out already. "

I forgot to mention that I'm an otaku. Since elementary, anime has always been my life. How I discovered it? It was by chance actually. I was flipping through channels not till I stumbled upon a channel with three girls in armors and casting magic. It turns out the anime was Magic Knights Rayearth. I automatically got hooked and watched till the show ended and from then on I became an anime addict. I started going on conventions and tried cosplaying as well. Jean, on the other hand, is a Kpop fan. Well I also have my fair share in Kpop but it still remains lithe. She was the one who introduced the Kpop fandom to me and well, I'll be honest, I started liking this group called INFINITE ( blame Jean ) especially their visual, L. At first I wasn't drawn to him but when he started singing did I became mesmerized.

I fell in love with his voice.        

As for Jean, her all time favorite Kpop group happens to be INFINITE as well and her bias ( she insisted that when you find a favorite singer, you call him or her your bias ) is Woohyun. She said he's only average looking but what makes her drawn to him is that he's funny. Either way, she never misses shows with INFINITE on them.

" Oh come, I know we can still find Japanese cuisines over here. " Jean chirped as we entered the bus.

" But if we're in Japan then it could've tasted much better. " I muttered while opening a bag of chip that was kept in my hand-carry.

And the bus started moving, heading towards the university where we'll be studying for the whole year. All through out the drive, I was busily watching locals walking downtown or let's say doing their everyday chores and at the same time taking note of the streets.

" Oh come now. " Jean suddenly nudged me on the side. " This is Korea so INFINITE'S here meaning: L a.k.a KIM MYUNGSOO is here!!! "

I suddenly smiled at that. Seriously whenever I see L I started blushing like an idiot ( an epic reaction from just a fan huh? ). " Even so. " I said while finishing my bag of chips.

" Suit yourself. " Was what she said before our professor took the microphone and made an announcement. 

" Settle down everyone we've just arrived. " She said as we entered through the gates and saw the university where we'll be studying in during the duration of our stay. The land is quite huge and a lot of buildings scatter all around. I wonder where the dormitories are. Hearing the doors of the bus open, a middle aged woman entered, which I presumed was the headmaster of the university, and kindly took the microphone from our professor before facing us.

" Good morning everyone. " She smiled at us, speaking with perfect english. " I'm Mrs. Hae-won Park, the principal of this institution, and welcome to East Seoul University. "

" I wonder if we'll be able to see INFINITE during our stay? " Jean suddenly whispered as we took our bags and boarded out of the bus.

" Who knows. " I shrugged my shoulders in response.

I wonder if the unexpected can also happen.