Thirty Ninth Aegyo

The whole afternoon, we did a couple of activities like hiking ( much to Woohyun's satisfaction ); but we never did reached a hill where we could watch the sun set for the walk tired us all and Sunggyu insisted that we should head back ( because his feet are starting to hurt ), we tried fishing as well ( Dongwoo happened to catch a lot of them from the nearby stream, which will be served for dinner ). Afterwards, we decided to do our usual routine for the remainder of the afternoon ( with me reading a book alongside L ( who was busy fumbling through his SLR ); Woohyun, Dongwoo and Sungyeol having fun swimming at the lake; and Blythe, Sunggyu, Hoya and Sungjong playing skipping stones ). 

We decided to prepare dinner when dusk arrived. Woohyun decided to grill the fishes and add a couple of herbs and spices to compliment the meal. After eating, we decided to assemble around the bonfire ( that both Hoya and Sungyeol prepared ) eating smores and passing around marshmallows to roast. Not till Sungjong spoke did everyone stopped from what they're doing.

" Since we're camping... " He suddenly had a sinister smile plastered on his face. " Why not tell ghost stories to complete this trip, this is a tradition anyway. "

" Ghost stories? " I could see Dongwoo's face paling slightly. Hoya suddenly wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

" Are you scared? " His fellow rapper smirked at him. 

" No way!!! " Dongwoo denied. " I can take it all in!!! "

" Then let's start. " Sunggyu declared. " Since Sungjong was the one who initiated it, he'll get to be the first and we'll go on counter-clockwise. "

" Fine. " The maknae took a deep breath. " This urban legend is quite known actually... "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere north of Seoul, there is a strip of highway that bridges Goyang to Paju called Jayuro, which is notorious for its frequent fogs that cause numerous car accidents every year. However, some locals believe there is a supernatural cause behind the accidents. Many drivers claimed seeing a young woman, who at first appears to be wearing sunglasses, on the side of the highway at night. Only on closer inspection did drivers realized she isn't wearing sunglasses at all. Instead, her eyes are gouged out and hollow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Don't we pass by on that highway during one of our photoshoots? " Dongwoo shivered after the story was told. " T-Then maybe the woman might... "

" Yah, it's only an urban legend. " Hoya exclaimed. 

" Still-- "

" Why don't we continue on. " Sungyeol coughed before turning to L, who was on Sungjong's right. " Your turn. "

L slightly squirmed on his place before settling on a position where he was leaning forward, his arms resting on his legs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red pens were considered forbidden, for writing one's name in red means bad luck; or even death. Red ink is used to write the name of the deceased, not the living.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Are you even telling us a ghost story? " Woohyun suddenly rose from his sit. " It sounded more like a fact to me. "