Thirtieth Aegyo

Here we are, standing before the Horror Booth that we spoke of earlier. Because of the large expanse of the booth itself, they had to use the open field to accomodate it ( and for lasting horror and thrill ). Good thing there are no prescribed number of people in groups ( in reality there are those who only require fewer numbers in groups ) so all sixteen of us can go together. The line is slightly long so we had to wait a bit before our turn comes. While waiting, we could hear screams erupting from within said booth. I could say the Political Science students really became " creative " during the preparation period for the booth emits such an aura that could send you goose bumps while waiting for your turn. I could also tell that the inside is also as much as scary as the outside ( the booth is huge and it's going to take forever to reach the exit ). A few minutes later, we saw the group in front of us enter. Usually they give a 10 minute waiting time before another group enters. We soon entered the booth when the receptionist ushered us in.

Inside, there are desks lined up together at the middle and a blackboard up front, with the teacher's table before it. The setting is that of a school-type and sitting on the teacher's table was a woman dressed in what seemed to be traditional korean clothes. She ushered us towards the desks and we all complied. I could tell some of us were slightly shivering for the room is dimly lit and old photographs lined up the walls and prehistoric objects can be seen on display around the room. 

" I wonder why is it a classroom? " I heard Jung from a few desks away from me.

" Who knows, it might get interesting soon. " The ever-fanatic-of-horror Sungjong exclaimed up front. The " teacher " suddenly cleared her throat. This got our attention and all eyes turned to her. 

" Welcome dear guests. " She said. " Today's story is that of a tragedy that befallen a local highschool in the outskirts of Seoul. The quality of education is high-standard and students are trained to be dignified ladies and gentlemen. Not till one day, the school erupted into flames. No one knew how it happened or who did it. All they know is that no one survived the ordeal. The school was burnt to cinders. A massacre. Years passed, a new one was built, but, it is flooded by the anguished cries of vengeful spirits who has died in the flames. Up to this day their soul lingers, never finding the true justice that they seek of.... "

I suddenly felt goosebumps run up my spine. She then smiled and said " Welcome dear students to Geokk Academy, may you enjoy your stay and graduate with dignified resolve and honor... "

The others screamed when the room suddenly became dark. Once the light came back, the " teacher " is gone and an opening on the left ( that we haven't seen before ) appeared.

" Maybe that's where we enter. " Hoya said while standing up. We soon followed and sticked together as we entered the opening into a narrow hall. No " vengeful spirits were in sight " as we walked. As we passed halls, the earieness of the place deepened. It looked as if we traveled through time for everything feels like it was back in 17th century Korea. Old photographs on the walls, prehistoric desks and chairs, a glass cabinet filled with traditional clothes are on display and the place, itself, speaks out history. When we turned a corner, we were met with six openings.

" I thought something extravagant might happen. " Sunggyu muttered while crossing his arms. " It seems we're only walking around corridors. "

" Here I was expecting ghosts popping up from nowhere. " Hana sighed. 

" Isn't that a good thing? " Dongwoo sheepishly muttered. 

" I paid good money for this so they should give us a good scare!!! " Choilin exclaimed.

" Are you sure you're supposed to say that? " Seon said, voice slightly shaking.

" Well we did spent ₩100 for this booth. " Sungyeol added while rubbing his chin.

" Then maybe they fooled us? " Sungjong asked.

" No way!!! " Woohyun screamed. " And this is the perfect opportunity to be hugged by Jean when she gets scared!!! "

" What? " I could see Woohyun smiling sheepishly at Jean. 

" We-- "

BANG         

The noise surprised us, and even more when the lights suddenly gave out, that everyone scrambled to random places. Some of us were screaming and I felt myself being pushed to directions that I couldn't even tell which is North or South.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blythe's POV            

When the lights came to, I saw Myungsoo and Sunggyu standing with me in the middle of the room. The others are not in sight and five of the passages were blocked. The only one left open was the passage on the far right.

" That surprised me. " Sunggyu breathed out. 

" Did the others entered the passages? " I asked. 

" Could be. " Myungsoo said and tried to open one of the blocked ones. " It's shut tight. "

" I have a good feeling we're supposed to enter that one. " I pointed to the still-open passage.

" It seems so. " Sunggyu started walking towards it. " There's no use staying here. If we want to find the exit, we should start moving. "

The three of us entered the passage and found ourselves into a long narrow hallway. Candles are present to illuminate the corridor.

" We should stay close. " I heard Sunggyu say as we started walking. Passing by a door, soft sniffles of a woman could be heard. The three of us suddenly froze but Sunggyu told that we should continue on, lest we attract the " woman's " attention. Not till the three of us reached a corner when the door suddenly opened and a woman ( whose long hair was covering her face ) with tattered blood-stained clothes walked out and turned to us.

Don't leave me... " A shrill scream erupted as she made a mad dash towards us. " You shall never leave this place, you'll stay here with me for eternity!!! "      

I felt Myungsoo grabbed my hand and pulled me as we ran, with Sunggyu on the lead. This may only be a Horror Booth but bloody hell it feels like it's not!!!

I wonder how are the others faring in their part. Could a " ghost " be chasing them as well?