Forty Fifth Aegyo

" Emptying the inbox again. " Jean sighed while fumbling through her phone. 

" Well who wouldn't. " Hana gave her an " as-a-matter-of-fact " look. " Try ignoring someone for who knows what...in the end, that someone will send you multiple messages asking what on earth is happening... "

" You didn't have to say that literally. "

" I had to. You didn't even bothered replying to any one of his messages so I understand what he's feeling. "

Jean remained silent at that. It's been a few weeks since we decided to cut-off ties with INFINITE. Because of it, the other members started texting and even calling us. Well, I do understand the feeling: a person suddenly ignoring you without saying anything is harsh. But what can we do? It's for their own good anyway....even if the choice is on the negative side...

Woohyun never ceased to send text messages and make phone calls to Jean. On my case, I received nothing from Myungsoo. Maybe he's mad. Sighing, I decided to give my half-eaten burger to Jung, the latter happily receiving it. As much as I want to contact him, I couldn't. First, of course, is because I have to cut " ties " with him ( have to protect him that's what ) and the second....

...A foreboding feeling that he might feel resentment towards me...     

I know we started the idea but sometimes I couldn't help but feel such a thing. He may be the aloof and mysterious type ( but in the inside a bubbly and hyper person ) but imagining him emitting such an emotion called anger is distressing. But it is my fault why he feels like that.

I've abandoned him out of the blue.          

Of course they are already in knowledge of the " scandal " that we've caused. At the same time, shouldn't we be supporting each other out and claim our innocence?

But we decided to disappear without a trace.          

It is inevitable that they might hate us. One by one they'll stop contacting us and start to despise our wholebeing. Maybe they're thinking that we only used them to gain fame and make a fool out of themselves by answering our becks and calls. No, they wouldn't do such a thing. We know them. We know that INFINITE won't think such things. We're family and no matter what happens we'll always stay united. 

They are precious to us.            

If only the picture did not appeared, then maybe we could have been happy up to this moment. Whoever that person who took it and decided to post it on the net, must have been desperate. Desperate to get a scoop and gain something beneficial, never minding what the injured party has to say in that. Now I understand why idols run away when paparazzis arrive. The only difference is that the person who took our picture must have also been a random fan. Oh well, we're clearly not sure whether it is a fan or a random paparazzi who took it. All I know is because of that person, everything has been a total hell for us. 

Everyone in the university treat us as trash.

What we considered as friends abandoned us.      

But at least Yuna and the others are still with us. They never abandoned us nor left our side. Since the news spread, we've been joined together by the hip. They defend us from incoming threats and taunts. They made it sure that no one tried to hurt us. It is as if they became our personal bodyguards. We really appreciate how they care so much for us but sometimes it worries Jean and I for a handful of people started to pick up fights with them, since they chose to be by our side, the ones who are " condemned. "           

Like always, they shrug them off and sometimes Jung, Yuna, Hana, Jin-Hae and Choilin would throw back sneers that leave the person red on the face afterwards. They don't want to see people hurting their friends because of false accusations, as what Jin-Hae declared. That is why they made it sure that they're always with us, acting as our support ( if ever one or both of us broke down ) and protecting us. 

" Earth to Blythe, are you with us? "

I suddenly got cut off from my trail of thoughts as Choilin was waving a hand in front of me. 

" Glad you're back. " She smiled before taking out a topperware filled with different varieties of cupcakes. " I thought you were in Cloud 9 earlier but here grab a cupcake, I made it earlier in Baking class. "

" Sorry 'bout that and thanks. " I took the Strawberry flavored one and took a bite. The icing is sweet but the cake balanced its sweetness. 

" Once everything dies down, we'll surely explain ourselves to them. " Jean had this bittersweet smile on her face as she said that. Seon patted her shoulders.

" Everything will be fine. " He reassured her. " We'll respect whatever decisions you guys choose since there is a reason behind it. "

" Thanks. " She smiled back before they were cut by Choilin.

" Let's throw out all the negatives away and enjoy the sweetness that these bundled could give. " She exclaimed while offering her topperware filled with cupcakes. " I made them for everyone so you better say that you like them. "

" Yeah right. " Jung said as he took a bite from his chocolate-chip cupcake. " It tastes horrible. "

" JUNG!!! " The former smirked at that.

We all laughed and continued on with what we are doing ( which includes Jung teasing Choilin about her cupcakes; Hana, Jean and Seon talking about things related to cooking ( I never knew Seon could cook. Anyways, Jean wanted to learn how to cook and heard that Hana and Seon are experts, since she'll only get teasings from Yuna and Choilin if she approached them regarding the matter. I could tell the purpose why she wanted to learn how to cook is because she wanted to prepare something special for Woohyun ); and Jin-Hae, Yuna, Hae-won and I deep in our conversation regarding things like the latest fashion trends, movies, events, etc. ). 

........If only happier times could last forever........