This Is My Life Now

"Focus (y/n)" My dad encouraged as he sent his fists at me, again and again.

"I'm trying, old man!" I grunted trying to block his strikes. A piece of my (h/l) (h/c) hair got into my eye, causing me to blink like mad. Before I got the chance to remove it, my father swept his foot against my ankles, causing me to fall hard on my ass. I glared at him with all the frustration I could manage.

He just smiled. "Get up." I stayed down to proud and angry to stand. His loving expression suddenly vanished, replaced by an icy one. "If you want to survive out here, I suggest you get up. Now."

I sighed and dragged my ass off the mat and stood. I put my fists up ready to try again.

~~Present Day~~

My father coughed hard, shocking me back to reality. His gray hair and beard were over grown and messy. He was always pale now and could barely talk without coughing his lungs out. He laid in bed with blankets up to his neck and a constant sweat on his brow.

He used to be so strong, like a warrior to me. Now, even though he's only forty-six, he's always terribly weak. He gets me so angry sometimes. Most of the time, it's just pity and bitterness. Its not even his fault that he's sick, a lot of people get extremely sick due to sunlight deprivation. Even though I know this, I still resent who he's become.

"I'm heading out to get food." I whisper to him from where I sit next to his bed. "Don't die while i'm gone, ya hear?"

He chuckles but it turns into a coughing fit. "Not gunna roll over yet, kiddo. Be careful."

I smile at him and kiss his forehead. "I've been taught by the best. You know i'll stay safe." I call as I open the door. I can feel him smiling from across the living room.

I walk through the crowded streets of the underground, trying to spot my next target. I adjusted my brown, long haired, wig and fixed my white button up, slightly see through blouse. I took off my coat and threw it in an ally and stood in front of it, leaning against the wall seductively. I get several appreciative stares from men, but none of them look like they could have something I could steal.

I spot a drunk fat man with a gold watch and matching necklace. I make eye contact with him and smile while biting my lip. I mentally gag. This never gets easier.

He slowly walks up to me. "Hey prelly ladyyy." His words slurred.

I put my hands behind my back and lean forward, giving him a better view of my clevage. "Hey big guy." I wink, raising his self-esteem. "Wanna cut to the chase...and have a good time...?" I purr as I slowly drag my hand from his neck to his waist line.

"Hurhurhur! You know exally what I like, don cha?" I giggle and drag him by his belt into the ally. He starts reaching for my blouse as I undo his shirt. I bring him in close for the final blow.

"Wanna play a game?" I whisper in his ear.

"Uh huh." He mumbles against my neck. I smile and press his pressure point on his neck, making him start to struggle.

"Shh..." I smile evilly, "It's all apart of the game." I whisper as he goes unconscious. My smile fades instantly. "Pig."

I take his necklace and watch and search for anything else of value. I find his wallet and open it and loot his money. "I picked well this time." I congratulated myself as I stuffed my earings into my pockets. I put on my long cape, that brushed my ankles, and pulled my hood over my eyes.

Success.