Axe boy x Child reader angst to fluff

requested by: siniora-chan

Axe boy and reader are 6

_________________________

         y/n was the child of the survivor's side. The small ten year old was everyone's "little sister" and was doted on constantly. Even the hunters took a liking to her and would slow down a bit to make things more fair for the young girl, though the survivors tended to make sure the hunters couldn't interact with their little y/n.

         Robbie has seen curious glimpse's of the young girl around his age when hunting and in the library. Though whenever he got close another survivor would always lead her away, much to his dismay. He's only gotten to interact with her once.

         One day in summer, y/n was playing in the garden with Emma when Emma needed to go to the shed to grab a few more things, leaving y/n to herself. The garden, like the library, was a shared space between the hunters and survivors.

         Robbie also enjoyed playing in the garden, running around the plants and chasing butterflies. This day, he ran out the door of the hunters' side and into the garden. At the sudden noise of the door slamming open, y/n snapped her head up from the flowers she was planting. Robbie also turned to face her, seeing that he wasn't alone and that the one who was with him was the girl that had caught his interest.

         The young girl waved towards the bag wearing boy who briskly trotted over and sat down next to her.

"I'm y/n!" she smiled a toothy grin and held out her hand to shake.

"I'm Robbie!" He shook her hand, smiling behind his bag.

The two conversed for a bit, playing in the flowers and running around catching various bugs. Both returned to sitting in the grass under a tree while they talked about their favorite kinds of food. As y/n rambled on, Robbie couldn't help but stare at her adoringly, they way how she enthusiastically and how animated she was when talking about the things she enjoyed and the things she speculated, like where did the water from the sinks and bathtubs come from?

A gasp was heard and the clattering of tools and the two young children stopped talking and turned to look over at the source of the abrupt noise. Emma had dropped the tool she was carrying in her arms and had run over to the two.

"Come on, y/n," Emma urged nervously, lifting the small girl up quickly, "It's lunch time, lets go to the kitchen and see Andrew, it's his turn to cook..." She hurriedly rushed to the door, leaving Robbie behind.

"But what about Robbie???" She asked, confused as she bounced up and down in Emma's hold. Emma entered the manor and shut the door quickly behind her before answering the child in her arms.

"Sweetie," she started, placing her down but keeping a hold of her hand "Robbie is a hunter-"

"But he is really nice and he's my new friend!" She interrupted and stomped her foot in frustration. Emma sighed sadly.

"Yes but what have we all told you about hunters?" She inquired as she led her towards the kitchen.

"...... not to go near them...." she said as her voice dropped lower in a slight groan while the gardener lifted her onto the kitchen counter. "But they aren't that mean! They even don't hit me hard!" She protested angrily as Andrew looked up from the sandwiches he was making to look at the new comers.

"y/n..." Emma said in a warning tone. y/n huffed and crossed her arms, pouting.

"...What's going on?" Andrew asked, looking between the gardener and the small child.