Yandere Aesop x reader part 2

requested by: ReawZZ

slight joseph x reader

_______________

The basement had gotten colder as time went on. Aesop did his best to sneak many blankets down to y/n. She was sitting cocooned in a large pile of blankets at the moment, warming up. Her skin had gotten pastier from the lack of sunlight and she had grown more accustomed to the dim lighting.

Aesop made sure to get her anything she needed, anything to make her forget she was trapped down there. y/n was worried about Stockholm syndrome as time went on, but she soon convinced herself that because she did like him before, it technically wasn't Stockholm syndrome... right?

She had grown closer to him in this time, but the wish to leave the basement never left. She really did love him... she just wanted to be free again.

Aesop had taken the cuff off her wrist about a week ago. She tried exploring, only to find that her room was at the end of a maze of tunnels. After Aesop finished panicking at her absence, he was able to find her in a dead-end, curled up and crying. He never held any sour feelings about her attempting to escape. He knew she loved him. But y/n had sort of given up at this point. She knew she would not be able to convince him, nor would she be able to escape. Sometimes she wondered if anyone knew about her absence.

________________

Aesop entered the room carrying a tray with two hot cocoa mugs to see y/n under the pile of blankets. He chuckled to himself lightly as he set the tray down. He brushed a bit of hair from her face and held her cheek in his palm. Her eyes opened slightly. He pulled down his mask and gave a warm smile.

"I brought your favorite hot cocoa!" He said, causing the girl's eyes to light up as she sat up from under the mass of blankets. He handed her the mug and sat down next to her with his own mug.

"What has been happening?" She asked curiously, munching on a marshmallow. Aesop thought for a bit.

"Well, Halloween is coming up, and everyone is getting their new costumes." He spoke, taking a sip. "And the survivors are getting ahead with wins." y/n nodded and her eyes glossed over slightly as she frowned a bit and looked into her mug. Aesop was saddened at this. He knew Halloween was her favorite holiday, as well as just how much she wanted to leave the basement. He knew she loved him, but he was too scared of her leaving or getting hurt. He was heartbroken at her heartbreak, at how broken she had become. There was a constant battle within him of what to do. He looked over at y/n again, who was back to sipping her cocoa.

_________________

"Xie, Fan," Joseph spoke up as he entered the living room of the hunter's side. Both looked up from their game of chess in confusion. "I need your help." He pulled up a chair and sat down, looking up at the two chinamen.

"Oh, what for?" Xie questioned as he batted Fan's hand away which was trying to move one of Xie's pieces.

"It's about y/n." Joseph replied. Xie and Fan looked at each other.

"Yeah, she's been gone for a long time, all of us have been wondering what happened. " Fan said, scratching his cheek. "Do you know what happened?"

"Yes and no," Joseph looked to the side, "I know what happened for the most part, but I am not sure where she is..."

"Well," Fan said impatiently "this has been a mystery for all of us. Stop being cryptic, what happened? Survivors don't just disappear out of nowhere."

"I believe Aesop has taken her somewhere," Joseph says solemnly as the other two share another glance.

"Aesop?" Asked Xie. "You mean to say the socially awkward embalmer took her. Why on earth would he do that?" He had lost interest in the game by this point. Fan scoffed.