<3 Aesop x reader

*protip!!! there is an extension called "interactive fics" that will change y/n and other things to your personalized preference! Like y/n to your actual name*

First one-shot here, I live for fluff and I love my precious boi Aesop ;)

_____________

Rain.

Pit pat pit pat

Falling down on the window pane.

y/n had her face leaning up against the cool glass of one of the windows in the hallways of the manor. The windows running along the hallways that contained the survivor's rooms had tall windows each with long draping red curtains and a plush seat concaving into the wall, creating a small alcove.

y/n sat in an oversized t-shirt, knees drawn to her chest. It was late at night. Insomnia was common for the poor girl, and tonight her medicine wasn't working. She could tell she wasn't going to sleep anytime soon.

In order to escape her bed that only had her tossing and turning, she wandered the hallway for a while. Still not ready to go back to bed she found herself in the window seat watching the raindrops fall delicately down the glass and the occasional flash of light that would illuminate the night sky and the surrounding, endless forest that the mansion resided in. Shortly would follow a loud crack or boom as the sound waves caught up to the light.

Although she preferred not to get lost in her thoughts, as the mind was a daunting and scary place, she took this time to reflect.

She came to the manor recently, as a new survivor. The day was just as rainy as the current night. y/n was not the most outgoing person, and it took a while for her to get the courage to knock on the large mahogany doors louder than the resounding thunder.

The doors creaked open to reveal a girl slightly taller doning a straw hat. When the girl saw the other, standing soaked to the bone in the cold rain with a suitcase and soiled letter clutched in her small hand, she grabbed her and ushered her inside.

Inside was a mass of people, eating around a large table, while some sat by a roaring fire. The group was vivacious and loud, slightly turning y/n away with the noise and energy.

Another girl, wearing a nurse's outfit, rushed over when the group noticed the two girls, one new and shivering.

The nurse, doctor, gently led y/n to the fireplace where a smaller, calmer group resided. A woman, dressed in beautiful gypsy-like clothing sat polishing a small skull. There was a man with glasses, well dressed, reading a book in a large armchair. Another man sat in an adjacent chair. He was writing in a small journal. Another woman sat tending the fire, a polished cane sat next to her. The last person was just resting, a book beside him. He had silver hair and a mask covering the lower half of his face. All persons looked up as the doctor brought y/n towards them, having her sit in the seat closest to the fire, next to the silver-haired man.

A blanket and hot cocoa with marshmallows were bestowed apon her by the straw-hatted girl as the doctor took a towel and dried the girl's hair, checking her forehead for fever as well. After the new survivor was deemed in good hands, the doctor and girl with the straw hat introduced themselves as Emily and Emma respectively. Both then left to return to the dining table once more, leaving y/n with the unfamiliar group of people.

Again, being socially anxious, she just sipped her hot cocoa and tried to gain as much warmth as possible. The others introduced themselves as well. There was Freddy, Patricia, Kurt, Helena, and the man next to y/n softly greeted himself as Aesop. y/n let out a small "y/n" and they all turned back to their businesses.