Yuma Azeri X Female Reader

TW: SLIGHT MENTION OF ABUSE!! Art doesn't belong to me but is absolutely adorable! Requested by TheaZindra and KimAckerman. Enjoy!

Being a young adult fresh out of highschool was rather rough. Highschool was suppose to prepare other young adults for the real world, but you felt everything but prepared for it all. Luckily you managed to save up a few thousand dollars from a job through out highschool, allowing you to buy a pretty cheap and small apartment. It was better than nothing and to help support yourself, you put up babysitting flyers around where you lived and managed to make some good cash.

Couples and single parents would call in and depending on how long and what days they needed a sitter, you would get paid and they always tended to pay good. The good thing was that you always got good reviews and the kids always seemed to love you which was a plus. It was a nice Friday evening when you received a call from a couple asking if you could watch over their son and daughter for the weekend. It wasn't typical for you to let kids stay overnight, but the parents offered to pay you 250 dollars which was rather good pay.

The parents had stated that the two kids would be dropped off at around five in the evening, which gave you a chance to make dinner which consisted of some fried tempura, rice, and small bowls of miso soup. Not only that but for dessert you had picked up some kashipan earlier in the day. As you were finishing setting the table, you heard your doorbell go off, indicating that the kids were here. After you quickly washed your hands, you walked up to the door and opened it, offering a closed eyed smile. " Hello!" You greeted in a kind tone as your eyes opened. Being greeted by a young girl with black and ear length hair, along with some bangs. But what surprised you was the young man, seemingly a year younger than you, that stood next to her.

" Are you two Chizumi and Yuma?" The boy seemed to step forward, offering a bow. " Yes, I'm Yuma. And then of course the girl is my sister Chizumi. I'm so sorry my parents didn't inform you that I was a little older." He stated, before standing back up straight. Waving your hands in front of you face, you still offered the two a kind smile, " It's no need to worry. It just took me by surprise. I'm (Y/N) of course, and welcome to my home. Dinner just finished up so please make yourselves at home." You stepped to the side, allowing the two in. Chizumi practically ran inside to the table, after slipping her shoes off at the door, as Yuma stayed closer to you, as you shut the door.

" Thank you (Y/N) for taking care of Chizumi and I. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience though." Yuma once again went to apologize as you led him to the dining table. " Please, it's really okay. Being honest, it'll nice being in the company of someone around your age. That and Chizumi seems like an angel." Taking a seat at the table, Chizumi was already half way done with her food, seeming as if she hadn't eaten in a few days. " Do you like the food, Chizumi?" You asked the girl as you yourself started to eat, along with Yuma. She stopped for a second, to look up at you giving you a small nod, " It's almost as good as melted brains!" Chizumi exclaimed, making you raise an eyebrow at her. 

Shrugging off her little statement, you decided to try and make small talk with Yuma. " So is there anything you do for a living?" You asked, as Yuma wiped his mouth with a napkin. " I just barely.. finished highschool, so a lot of time I spend taking care of Chizumi." Mentally awing at the idea of Yuma being such a good and caring older brother to his little sister. " I... I know this may be personal to ask, but is everything okay at home? Like your parents just work a lot so you have to be there?" 

Before he could even answer, Chizumi piped into the conversation, " Our parents beat big brother Yuma!" Then after she went back to eating her food, nearly done with it. Your eyebrows furrowed as you looked over to Yuma, " Is that true Yuma?" You asked, now growing concern for the well being of him and his sister. " I'm so sorry! Chizumi tends to speak without thinking." Yuma arose from his seat, going to bow in apology. Getting up from your seat, you rested a hand upon his shoulder, " Yuma, this is nothing to apologize for. If your home life isn't safe, than please, you and Chizumi can stay as long as you want." You offered, giving him a soft smile.

Yuma looked back up at you, " Thank you (Y/N), it truly means a lot." He thanked you. Not soon after dinner, Yuma had helped you clean up, Chizumi already being passed out on the couch. " I can't thank you enough for allowing Chizumi and I to stay here, it truly means a lot." Yuma said, as the two of you finished putting away the clean dishes. " And like I said, it's fine. The last thing I need is to feel responsible for doing nothing when you head home to your... parents." You reassured him, drying your hands. " I have an extra futon that you could use tonight, so you just aren't sleeping on the floor." All he did was nod, as you went to show him where it would be.

Once he was all set up in the front room, you wanted to make sure Yuma was in fact comfortable. " Need anything else before I head to bed?" You asked, watching as he removed his glasses, since he had already changed into pajamas. " I think I'm good, (Y/N). But I know I've already said it, thank you so much." As Yuma talked, we moved closer to you, now standing before you. Something within you made a blush spread across your cheeks, having him so close. Truth be told, Yuma had seem like a very kind and sweet boy, but was to early to try anything. 

" Well then sleep well, okay? If you need anything, you saw where my room was. Goodnight Yuma." You turned your back to him as you headed to your own room, leaving Yuma a mess of emotions. "... Goodnight (Y/N)." For once he didn't see the demon that plagued his mind, instead a beautiful and kind young woman.