Mayumi X Female Reader

Art isn't mine and if you don't know where she is from it's Whispering Woman.

Ever since you were a young girl, you had always been curious about your neighbors, especially since they had a daughter your age too. You were born into a wealthy family, being the youngest out of three children, having two older brothers. As you started to grow and mature into teenager you realized just how lonely you were. Your older brothers wanted nothing to do with you, and people at school just wanted to use you for money. So you took it upon yourself to go over to your neighbors and try to make friends with their daughter. 

Once you had arrived at the house, you gave a gentle knock on the door, waiting for an answer or for someone to open the door. Soon you were greeted by a maid, " Yes? How may I help you?" She asked in a kind tone. " Oh, my family and I live next door, the L/N's. I'm Y/N and I was wondering if I could meet the teen who lives here? I've heard about her and thought it would be a great opportunity to make a new friend." The maid looked weary, but nonetheless allowed you in. 

" I must warn you, Mayumi is a troubled girl. She has a mental illness where she relies on others to give her specific instructions, or she will be practically crippled by indecision." She explained, as you listened intently, you had never heard of anyone who suffered from something like that. The two of you arrived at a room, where you could hear a muffled voice of another female," This is her room, I'll go inform her father of your visit." The maid said as she walked off, leaving you alone at the door.

Taking a deep breath, you slowly opened the door to be met with a teen girl, dressed in a pink dress mumbling to herself. " Mayumi?" You called out to her as she looked over at you, she looked confused and terrified. " What should I do? Should I ask who they are, run for help? What do I do?" She questioned as you stepped forward, " I'm Y/N, your neighbor. How about we just sit down first, okay?" Mayumi seemed to calm down, taking a seat on her bed as you joined her. " What now?" She once again asked as you replied, " Let's talk to each other. Like our hobbies, favorite colors, things like that." The two of you talked for almost two hours that day.

It was now normal for you to stop by Mayumi's house on weekends and everyday after school, and she was always happy to see you and it even seemed that her mental state was improving. Her father even grew fond of you and your family as well. You were headed to the garden they had, one of the maids telling you that's where she was. Ever since the two of you first met, you had fallen for Mayumi, but was to afraid to confess due to her mental problems.

" Y/N!" The soft voice calling your name broke you out of your thoughts as Mayumi ran up to you, giving you a hug. Wrapping your arms around her waist, you hugged her back, a warm smile breaking out on your lips. " What should we do? We could go smell the flowers, or sit and talk, or walk around." Of course she was still bad at making decisions by herself, but now she offered multiple ideas without sounding panicked. " We can go sit at the gazebo and talk." You decided as she took your hand leading the way.

The two of sat across from each other at the small table, talking about various things and just enjoying each others company. You could feel your heart racing just from the sound of her voice, her sweet smile, everything about her. " And then I heard the maids talking the other day about someone having a crush, what even is that?" Mayumi asked, making your cheeks turn a deep red, " Well it's when someone has certain feelings toward another. Um, sometimes their hearts will beat faster or they will feel like they have butterfly's in their stomach. Things like that."

Her expression seemed to change to one of awe and shock, " Do I have a crush on you then?" Mayumi sounded so innocent as she asked, and the question really shocked you. " D-Do you feel like that when you are around me?'" She nodded her head in agreement to the statement, " Well then there is a chance that you do, but that is a decision for you to make Mayumi, not me." She sat their for a moment, looking like she was thinking hard about it, before speaking.

" I have a crush on you." Mayumi replied and you were proud, not just because she liked you back but that she was able to decide something by herself. " I like you too Mayumi." You told her as the two of you smiled at each other. It was going to take a while for the both of you to become accustomed to dating especially with the small problem of Mayumi's mental stated, but she had already showed so much growth and you were up for the challenge.