Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

            Opie drove us to the hospital where Jonah was now. He told me that the club drove him to the hospital when Chibs realized that the shots and injuries were too life threatening. When the doctors took Jonah away, Juice had called Ashley to let her know so she could be here and Kozik was calling his parents. The club members had forgot to call us for a little bit, the one mind track they had was focused on Jonah and getting his family here. It wasn’t until a bit after when Piney remembered us and called Opie.

            When we got to the hospital, I didn’t care about my injuries and how I hurt, I went down from the truck and I walked quickly into the hospital, Opie trying to stay at my heels. I saw the bikes and the guys other pick-up here and I knew that they would be in the waiting room still since none of them were outside smoking. It was about ten minutes after the call that we got there by the time I got my dogs back inside and checked my phone to see who called just so the message wouldn’t’ delete itself. When I saw it was my mom and eldest sister, I left the phone alone and went to the truck with Opie and we hurried back into Charming.

            Making it in the front doors, I looked around and immediately saw Ashley, standing alone and pacing, the guys sitting down in chairs, talking with each other. When Ashley saw me, she walked to me and I opened my arms and held her to me tightly. She was still crying and though her so close hurt my ribs, I held her close and she held me close as well.

            “I just heard Ashley. My God.” I whispered to her.

            She just sniffed and I looked at the clock. This happened about forty minutes ago. Jonah was shot forty minutes ago and Ashley had probably came here half an hour ago looking for Jonah to make sure that he was okay. I knew she wasn’t too close with people in the club. She liked them, but she didn’t know them too well. Ashley and I knew each other well, we hung out on our own, hung out with the other prospects since Jonah was so close to them and did a lot of things with them specifically.

            She sniffled a bit more and I rubbed her back a bit.

            “I always had an idea that this was something that could have happened. He warned me that this might happen, but I always thought that he was strong. I didn’t think I would have to worry too much until he was patched in,” Ashley whispered to me.

            I sighed and whispered to her, “he knew the risk, he did it for the club.”

            “I know. And I know that this is how he wanted to go. He loved the club. He talked about you guys all the time,” Ashley whispered.

            I felt my eyes becoming glossy and I tried to think of something else. Ashley needed me.

            “He talked about us?” I asked.

            “All the time. He’d explain the funny things you guys said to each other, how much he loved you guys,” she answered, “you are his family so much more than his real one. I knew Jonah three years before he went to the club and met you guys and I’ve never seen him so happy.”

            She let go of me and moved back. I looked at her and wiped my eyes a bit, the tears slowly began to fall.

            “Can we go outside?” she asks.

            I look over at the guys. I catch Clay’s eyes and he looks towards Ashley. I gestured my head while looking at her and taking her arm that we were going to head outside and if it was okay that I do so in case the club may need me to talk with what they were going to do now. He nods though and I give him a small smile of a thank you before turning to Ashley and wrapping my arm around her shoulder, “yeah, come on. There is a bench out there I think.”