Chapter 19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

I stood beside James as everyone was herded into the chapel. The guys sat at their seats at the table and I leaned against the wall. Clay called a meeting to discuss about what we were going to do. Or at least, the guys would discuss while James, Eli and I would just sit there and listen so that we were caught up.

            Clay stubbed out his cigarette and he looked at us and started, “we all know this Niners deal needs to end. We need to get back our guns, we need to get back our claims, our partners. Currently I know members have come to me for different ideas, but we are going to hash it all here. We’re going to listen to everyone we’re going to discuss what the hell to do. Unfortunately, this problem will not go away easy. It’s as simple as that. We’re going to hash out a plan and we’re going to do it together and hopefully we will all agree on something.”

Clay looked around and looked at Chibs. He seemed to know that the Scottish man wanted to say something and Clay gave him a nod. Chibs placed his hands on the table and told everyone as they turned to him, “I say we try and break Niner ties. These are our guns, they moved in on us. If it means bloodshed or hostages then that is what it means.”

            After a couple of moments Tig countered back, “we’re stepping on fragile ground. We already lost brothers with the Mayans. I don’t think we have the heart or blood anymore to get back into another war. We’re down on weapons as is and we’re down on numbers since.”

            “And I don’t want to put Donna into this. Not when she’s pregnant.” Opie agreed.

            “Neither of you were against the war with the Mayans.” Chibs commented.

            “That was different. We lost numbers, we know better now. We didn’t know what was going to happen. We didn’t think it would be that bloody or it would take that long.” Tig said.

            “I can protect Donna during this and I’m prepared for that, but for people specifically stalking her out, I don’t like it. Every day disagreements is different than full out war.” Opie defended.

            “I agree with Tig. We can’t afford a long war again. It’s a process that slowed our money down last time, it’ll do it again and we’re going to lose blood. That wound is still fresh. We need to keep building up again. We’re small right now. Niners have weapons, Niners have numbers.” Piney told them.

            “And they probably know that too.” Happy agreed.

            “We need to break the alliance that was made. I say once we do that then we are on better footing. Whether that means offering more and making a better deal or whatever else.” Jax expressed.

            I looked between them. It was civil talking, at least so far. People had their own ideas and I knew that they would. I even had ideas of my own. Everyone on this decision had thoughts of their own and I knew agreeing on something would be a bit of a hassle. I didn’t like Chibs idea and I didn’t’ know the guy’s past experience with the Mayan wars. But bloodshed for bloodshed never went well. At least not at an expanded level like a war did.

            “What more can we offer them. They’re going to up what they want,” Bobby said, “Niners are giving them something big.”

            “So war with the Niners is the way to go?” Tig asked.

            “Is there another way to really settle this?” Bobby asked.

            “We don’t have the resources to do this. We don’t. Simple as that. SAMCRO could end.” Tig said.

            “I agree with Tig.” Jax said, “a peaceful way is the way to go.”