Chapter Thirty-Nine

Hey everyone! I know it's been a while and sorry I've just been busy because I've been moving and packing (and now unpacking) and things have been a bit busy for me, but here is another chapter. Don't worry, things are coming. I hope that you are enjoying Rowen's story! Please tell me what you think! :)

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

"Have any of you heard from Rod?" I asked my sisters.

Rhea set the cup of tea in front of me on my coffee table before sitting beside me. Rebecca was on the other side of me and I was leaning slightly into her. I had only been home for a couple of hours. Rodger went out to try and find Rod and calm him down while my sisters stayed with me. Sarah and Kiara stayed as well..or at least kept staying here. Sarah's family was in a hotel but they told me after I saw them yesterday that they would be heading out tomorrow. Sarah would stay here for a couple of more days, or when she was ready to go. I was fine with either. But her and Kiara had been living here in the spare bedrooms so I assumed that they were set to stay here for a while.

My sisters on the other hand were sleeping in the living room and on the couches and so were my brothers. I wondered if they knew that I would be taking back one of my couches.

I patted Buddy's head once more as he sat against my legs before I picked up the cup and took a drink. I wasn't a big tea drinker, but I loved the warm flow that felt as though coursed through my veins when I drank the hot tea.

I cupped the cup in my hands before Rhea answered me, "Rodger found him. They're going to stay in a hotel for the night. He's going to try and get him to calm down."

Nodding, I told her as I brought the cup back to my mouth, "that seems like a good idea."

As much as I wanted to make sure that my brother was okay, I was still a little angry at him about what he said to me in the car.

But that didn't really take over my feelings. What did take over my feelings was something that I had to hide from my friends and sisters. Even from the club, for now. The club went through the personal attack of losing Jonah just a couple of weeks ago and recently, we had to deal with the death of Eli now too. I didn't want something like Happy and I to get into the mix. Not to mention that our new gun trade was still hot out of the oven and who knew what could lead to that ending/starting again. I didn't want a relationship to get into that mix.

Not to mention, was it a relationship? Did Happy love me...I don't think so. Maybe he liked me, at most cared, but I had a feeling that he was thinking a bit more south. Maybe he wanted to be with me whether it was just for one night or maybe we could be friends with benefits. I don't know exactly what he is thinking but I don't think that it's going to get too deep. And that wasn't worth thinking too much over or even bringing it to the club. And I didn't want my friends or sisters constantly asking me about it because I know that they would.

Not to mention that I didn't know how the club would look at our relationship, if Happy and I ever actually have one together. I am going to guess that the club has never seen a situation of one member dating, or even just having sex with another, as I didn't know their view on homosexuality and they never had a female member to sleep with a male one.

I had too much on my plate to let Happy take up too much space of it, especially if it was something that was going to be just sex. I had the club, the gun trade, and my brother to worry about. Not to mention that I might be helping to plan a funeral for Eli. And my prospecting year was coming to an end. James's time had to be coming up this week or next. And I was only about a month away. Then I had my membership, if the club will allow it. Even if the guys were sure I'd get my patch, I wouldn't truly believe them until I got it and in the meantime, I don't want to do anything that would change their opinions on me. I wanted into the club and I would get in. I didn't want to do anything that would jeopardize that.