Chapter Fifty

A/N: sorry this took so long everyone. School started again and I was in a small car accident so I've been in the hospital and recovering for a bit so the timeline will be a bit off than what I planned. There will be at least 3 chapters (3-5 or so) before Rowen's birthday hits but trust me, there has been a lot of lead up to this and I don't think you will be disappointed. There is going to be a lot of action and drama (some betrayal? :P) coming up and the next chapter is going to be super long and action filled. So again, sorry about the wait. I'll try to update as soon as I can.

Also SUPER IMPORTANT: this chapter will mention abuse, so be warned. There is also more graphic things about it in the flashback's of Rowen's revenge. So if you are not comfortable with that then skip the flashback. I indicated them (as long as doesn't get rid of it like it can with timeskips sometimes)

I hope you enjoy! :)

CHAPTER FIFTY

I jumped awake at a start, silent but I made a quick jerk as I remembered that I fell asleep. I felt my arm over my eyes and I gently lifted it, my mind slowly coming out of its foggy state. I looked around, remembering that I was laying on the floor. I looked up and saw that Rebecca was still sleeping on the couch from last night. She had bandages on now, one over her fractured nose and another over some light cuts on her temple and close to her swollen eye, which over night already looked slightly better, but it was still swollen and was a nasty dark colour. It would be probably for the rest of the month most likely. She also had her wrist wrapped up since it was sprained and some bandages on other significant cuts or breaks in her skin. But she still looked peaceful sleeping on the couch with the blanket I draped over her only some hours ago.

Even though I remembered everything from yesterday and the night before, I couldn't remember falling asleep on the floor. I don't believe it was my intention to be laying on my back with my other arm under my head like a pillow, my one leg rested up for whatever reason yet here I was. I remembered laying down to be with Rebecca and watch her sleep to calm myself down for a little while and sometime then I fell asleep.

I sighed and forced myself to get up, my back aching from the movement, but I got to my feet pretty quickly. Looking around, I saw from the light in the windows that it was probably early morning still. Maybe around 7:30 or 8. And from the fact that I hadn't been arrested yet proved that Scum Shit Stephen followed my words of advice to not call the cops.

The main rooms were empty. Everyone must still be sleeping from the drive. Rebecca's breathing was even and calm. I took a step towards her, smiling fondly as I silently reached down and brought the cover over her shoulders again. I gently took some of her hair and stroked it behind her ear. I could tell she was exhausted because she didn't even twitch from that, not even after everything she had been through. She felt safe here.

I stroked her hair once more before I made my way to the couch across from her so that I could still watch her. I didn't know how I wasn't exhausted, but I was wide awake, staring at my sister as she slept. After a couple of minutes, I looked down at my own hands and saw bruises and cracks on my knuckles from the beating I gave last night.

Happy took Rebecca to the couches so that the rest of us could talk to her easier without being crammed into a smaller room. Gemma told the crow eaters to scram and I was thankful that it was then just the club together. There had been a crowd of my brothers forming around my sister and I as she sat on the couch. I sat down beside her, taking her hand so she could squeeze if she wanted to and hovering over her as Chibs quickly went to survey all of the damage. I was basically moving my head all around, anger evident in my eyes and body language, but I watched over everything he was doing with my sister. It wasn't because I didn't trust Chibs. I knew he could bandage her up, but I wanted all my eyes on her because I wanted to see her reactions so I could react to them.