Chapter Thirty-Four

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Waking up my head felt like I was hung over. I looked over at my clock and realized as I rolled over in the bed that my entire body was tense all night and my muscles were sore. The clock said that it was almost twelve. I almost got annoyed. Here I was hoping to get back into my old early morning routine to give myself some time to myself for balance, but all of the stress I was under was holding me out of it and making me more tired and sluggish. When I did go back into that routine I knew that it was going to be like going against a brick wall the entire time before I got used to all the early activity again.

The stress itself would make me feel like I had to hold two bags of flour as I ran.

I forced myself to get out of the bed, my entire body aching as I sat up. I groaned and tried to roll my shoulders, instantly regretting it. My shoulders ached more than before. At home I had a bean bag heater to help sore muscles and I knew that would be one of the first things that I go to. The stress of the club, my brother, and Eli was wearing me down, fast. Maybe everything wasn't so stressful, but it worried me so much. I was a little worried about the club with our enemies still at large, I was still worried about getting my patch, I was worried as hell about my brother, and I was worried about Eli and his life at the club if his secret got out.

At least today maybe I can tackle one of those problems. Or at least get a realistic game plan to find the solution to it going.

Although my legs ached, I for up and my back hunched because I didn't want to stand up completely straight. I groaned and moved to the bathroom. A shower? Or a bath...

A bath. Definitely a bath.

After cringing my way to the bathroom, I turned on the light and I moved to the bathtub and shower combination. I put the plug down and I turned on the water to the hottest setting so that the water would heat up quickly. I sat on the toilet seat and put my hand under the water as it filled the tub before putting the notch down a little bit until it was at the temperature that I wanted.

After the bathtub was filled with the amount of water that I wanted to soak in. I sat up from the toilet and I brought down my underwear and let it drop to the floor before I pulled off my sweater, cringing at how my shoulders felt when I lifted my arms. I felt as though my arms would be ripped from their sockets. I threw my sweater to the ground and I moved into the bathtub. One foot at a time. I closed my eyes as I felt the water on my feet and ankles. That felt great. I let out a small sigh of relief as I carefully lowered myself into the tub until I was sitting down in it. I let out another sigh as I moved to stretch out in the tub, my arms set on the sides as I rested my head on the wall, the bottom of my hair getting wet but I didn't particularly care and I had my feet lifted to sit on the edge of the tub on the other side.

I closed my eyes and sat in the silence. Taking all of it in. The peace. If only I had some lavender candles. Or vanilla.

The water was warm and I could feel my muscles unlocking. I felt content. I don't know where the guys were and what the hell they were doing since it was so quiet, but I liked the silence and I wouldn't take it for granted. Not when I was under this much worry.

The thoughts of Eli and what we could do slowly tried to creep into my mind, but I tried to push it out. I didn't want this to invade my peace. I could deal with that for the rest of the day. I was fine with that. But right now I wanted to unload a bit and get a clear head before tackling the bitch of a problem that I am going to have figuring things out with Eli. And then with the club.

I didn't want to think about Eli right now. I didn't want to think about Trevor and Sam and how their people were still out there and I'm sure that they want revenge for losing all of their friends, just as the club and I would be if they killed all but me and someone else. I didn't want to think about how it was only a short time until I was eligible for my patch yet so far away. Or how there could be members from other places who had my date to become a member marked on their calendar just so they could come down and try and talk it out with Clay. And there was the fact that I willingly left my brother like a sitting duck for the hands of those cults...