Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

            Clay let me have the next day off from working on the cars since he knew it would damage my ribcage more to bend over so much over a car. And at the request of the guys, and some arm pulling from Tig and Chibs, they got me to stay the night at the clubhouse since I couldn’t take a bike back and a taxi cost money. Chibs also tried to say that if something went wrong that I would be at easy care for the night. And I had to admit, sleeping in that bed instead of the couch would help my ribs and chest to feel better.

I didn’t like being away from my dogs though. Heck said that he would check on the dogs, feed them, and let them outside to pee. I gave him the instructions to carry down Buddy. I knew that they needed to be outside more, but I thought that I would be able to make it back tomorrow in decent time and they could spend that time outside and running around while I cuddled with Buddy. Although, I knew that I would need someone to stay over to carry Buddy down and Heck offered to do so. He called me last night when he was done and he said that everything went well so that helped me to relax. I still missed my Buddy and babies though.

In the morning, the guys let me sleep in. I wasn’t as sore, but I had a tiny headache from all the Vodka I drank when Chibs was working on me. I had two broken ribs, one cracked a bit so you can imagine the damage done to try and fix me.

I had a shower and groaned a bit getting into my clothes from yesterday, but I did it anyway. I brushed my hair and I walked out, my hair already dried up a bit. I noticed that some of the guys were out and I was surprised, but the prospects were here with me. I saw Gemma at the table, talking with Dirty Eli when she noticed me. She gave me a smile and told me, “hey, baby. I was surprised you slept that long. The last time I saw you wake up it was at the crack of dawn.”

            Giving her a small smile, I sat down at the table as well, “I am too actually.”

            “Sleep heals, it’s good that you got all that sleep. Probably helped you to feel better too,” Gemma answered.

            Nodding, I answered, “yeah. My head is a bit more cleared. I feel overly rested, too tired now.”

            She grinned and then asked, “are you hungry? I can make something. Eggs, toast? You should eat.”

            I gave her a smile, “eggs and toast would be great, Gemma. Thank you.”

            She nodded and she looked me over, curling a piece of my hair on her finger and placing it behind my ear. She told me seriously, “I’m glad that you are okay. Don’t ever do something like that again. I mean it.”

            “I’m sorry.” I told her honestly. It was hard to admit, but I was thankful. I was already feeling better. I still don’t know how I feel about letting my guard down on the guys, but they seemed understanding and concerned. The damages that I had were worse than what they and I thought.

            She walked out and I turned to Dirty Eli, “how are things here?”

            He shrugged, “prisoner is still here. It was hard, but this morning he said he would talk. That’s where the guys are now. The guys aren’t telling us much, but enough that they made a deal with another club to get back at us.”

            “Shit,” I grumbled.

            “I don’t think he will last long around here, but I don’t know if they will use him still,” Dirty Eli told me.

            Nodding again, I asked him, “did you guys have to clean up yesterday?”

            He shook his head, “no, they thought that the guy should sit in his own mess. And then the guys got preoccupied with you so we kind of winded down afterwards. The guy was screaming, but he lived through the night. I can’t promise what today will bring though. The guys might go a bit easier on him if he is talking though.”