Chapter Twenty-One

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Looking over at the bottle of Brandy sitting on the table in front of the couches, I asked Chibs as he finished putting bandages over my large wound, “now can I have more Brandy?”

            He let out a laugh and told me as he held the bandage cloth with one hand before he used his other hand to get another cloth to tie the bandage, “I’m surprised you aren’t loonie yet. You drowned those pain killers with a quarter of the bottle.”

            “I’m not a light weight.” I answered as I turned my head to stare up at my upper arm, “I’ve walked on slightly cracked ribs and ran.”

            “Yeah lass I know. But we might need you sober. Clay’s still sitting on the idea to go back and get the guns.” Chibs answered.

            “Shouldn’t you guys be discussing that in the chapel now?” I asked as I looked up a bit at the other guys who were talking lowly at the bar. It was only one in the morning. Unlike it felt, not a lot of time passed before we left for the first hit. Once we got back, the rest of us went inside, Chibs going to work on my wound that was now subsidizing in pain due to the pain medication that I took once Tig got them out for me. He was sitting across the couch on the other one, drinking a beer and looking at me. For the first ten minutes I knew Clay was giving a talking to to Eli before telling him to go check out the warehouse to see if the people are there and made James go with him.

            Tig answered me, “Heck keeps reporting the police haven’t showed up yet. He’s waiting on you and Chibs so he can be a part of the discussion.”

            I nodded and looked over at my arm. Chibs told me as he finished tying the cloth to hold the bandages, “well, I’ve done what I can. Lucky here you have a medic to take care of you. I’m going to be checking in on you for a while. It’s easy for a wound as open as that to get an infection. The skin around the wound is very irritated too from the impact and from the firepower. I’ll help you put some cream on it so that it wont hurt against the bandages. It’s half the reason I chose the cloth rather than the tight-knit bandage to wrap around it.”

            Nodding again, I saw Chibs get up and I looked over at my arm. I knew it was going to scar. Chibs said that the good thing about the bullet being this close was that there was a hole, but it was clean cut, it would just hurt to have the skin and tissue grow back.

            But hey, wicked scar right? Maybe even better than a tattoo I had planned there.

            I saw Happy walking over to us and he asked the three of us, “you guys done?”

            Both Chibs and I nodded and Happy said, “Clay will want us in the chapel then, go over the decision.”  Chibs nodded and got to his feet before moving foreward, taking the bottle of Brandy with him so that I couldn’t get it. I let out a little huff before relaxing in the chair. Tig had gotten up as well and I saw Chibs drop off the bottle at the bar. Happy kept staring at me and he told me, “Clay wants you in there too.”

            I gave him a weird look, but I got myself off the couch and he walked with me into the chapel, him going in first. Since I was the last one inside, I shut the door behind me before moving to lean against the wall again as I watched Happy sit at his spot, everyone else looking at Clay.

            Clay looked at all of us and started off, “Heck keeps coming back to me that no one has come to investigate the warehouse. I say we finished the plan that we started and get our guns. Is everyone in agreement?”