Chapter 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I was at the hospital for six more hours. Almost seven truthfully. I was there, holding Ashley as we cried and watched the doctor's pull apart the tubes that was forcing him to breathe. I couldn't close my eyes. I had to face this, watch him. Jonah's parents came and I let them and Ashley discuss things alone. They needed to make the decision themselves. They were his family and it was only fair to them that they make it themselves.

It hurt watching him though. Ashley was right, it didn't hit me until I saw him. It wasn't even Jonah and I knew that. It was a lifeless form off his body, breathing only from a machine.

Taking Ashley to the clubhouse was easy. She didn't want to be alone in that house because of how Jonah's things were scattered everywhere. So I went in for her and packed her a bag of clothes and toiletries and I told her that she could share the room that I usually used with me so that she wouldn't be alone tonight.

After packing a small suitcase of things for her, I went back to her truck and noticed that she was sleeping already. It was a little late. It was dark already and I wondered if the guys were back yet. As I was driving back to the clubhouse, I called my neighbor and asked her if she could let my dogs out. She was a nice lady, had four kids who loved my dogs so it was easy for her to say yes. And with the dogs being with the little kids, they got a bit of a work out and attention time. I hated them being alone for so long. I've been doing it a lot lately and I felt bad, but I don't know how Clay would like having four extra dogs going around. I knew that the club house would be full of the members and the Old Ladies. And even some kids if the guys got their spawns to come with them.

Going into the clubhouse, I looked over at Ashley and saw her still sleeping, a deep frown on her face. I looked in her review mirror and saw that my eyes were red from so much crying. I had dark circles under my eyes as well. The day took it's told on me. I was exhausted, but I wasn't ready for sleep.

Looking around, I saw that the bikes were gone, but there were more cars parked. I moved to get Ashley's bag and I slowly and as quietly as I could got out of her truck. I went to the clubhouse and looked around, looking for some of the prospects. I saw Heck sitting at the bar, doing drinks for when the guys got back. I walked to him. I saw the girls in the bar, fucking croweaters and sweetbuds. I didn't know why they were here, but I was glad to see the Old Ladies. I got along with them. They were a nice breather. Especially Donna. I always liked Donna.

Going to him, he saw my eyes and he whispered, "shit."

I nodded, gulping and I told him, "umm...Ashley fell asleep on the way here. Could you carry her out and to my room? She's sleeping with me."

He nodded and I told him, "I'm just going to put her bag in my room. I'll be back out in a second."

I saw him go to walk outside. I knew that people were looking at me, but I just couldn't look at them right now. I couldn't meet their eyes as I went down the hallways and to my room. I opened it and set Ashley's back beside the bed and I took a notepad and pen I kept in the nightstand and left the note: 'If you wake up before I go to bed, I'm just in the main part of the clubhouse. Get some rest.'

I was just about to leave when I saw Gemma move into the room. She wasn't wearing heels, which was unlike her, but she snuck up on me. I jumped and held my heart, "Fucking Christ Gemma you scared me."

She gave me a small smile, "sorry baby, didn't mean to do that. Just wanted to see how you are doing. For how long you were there...I'm guessing that you were with them when..."

I interrupted her so she wouldn't say it, "Yeah. I was there."

She nodded and then walked over to me. She pulled me into a hug. I had been hugging Ashley ever since we made our way to his room. When Gemma held me, I put my arms around her too and hid my head in her shoulder. She told me, "I was upset when I heard it was him too, baby. I really liked him. He was good with us, the club shit...he was a good person. I'm really going to miss him. We all are."