The Good Lars

Sadie places a plate of orange pumpkin-shaped bread onto the counter.

Isabella cuts a small slice from the bread and cuts it in half, eating one slice while the other slice he's eaten by Steven.

"So, how is it?" Sadie asks the two siblings before smirking.

Lars, who was glancing away, looks over with a slight blush on his face, "Be honest, but not too honest."

"Steven's eyes shine first, "It's pumpkin bread! And it's pumpkin-shaped, like a pumpkin! This is the best idea anybody has ever had!"

"It's so good!" Isabella adds, "I would marry this bread if I could!"

"See? I told you. It's really good." Sadie turns to Lars.

"Of course Steven likes it. He likes everything."

"But Isabella likes it too!"

"Lars, did you make this?" Steven asks.

"No! Well, yes, but it's no big deal." Lars looks away.

"Secret's out, Lars. Feels good, doesn't it?" Sadie asks.

"Lars, this is amazing! You should open a bakery! I'd visit everyday! You should have told me you knew how to bake!" Isabella grabs his hands.

Lars blushes, smiling at her, "Ah, stop."

"Oh, this is amazing! How'd you get it to look like a pumpkin?" Steven asks.

"I just made seven small crescent-shaped cakes and used cream cheese icing to hold them together. Anyone with two hands and half a brain could do it. And, you know, a recipe." Lars explains.

"That's his way of saying thanks." Sadie says.

"I know. I speak Lars." Steven told her.

Suddenly, the doorbell chimes and Buck walks into the Big Donut.

"B-B-B-Buck Dewey!" Lars panics and quickly hides the pumpkin bread behind the counter and leans against it, sweating and smiling anxiously.

"Hi, Buck!" Steven greets.

"Hey, Buck." Isabella adds.

"Hey, Steven. Hey, Isabella. Hey, donut kids."

"Hi, Buck, what's up?! How's it going?! What'll it be?!" Lars spoke hastily.

"I wanna order...you to come to dinner. Me, Jenny, and Sour Cream are having a potluck. You know, like parents do. Except we'll be doing it. All four of you should come. You should bring some food, because that's what you do at a potluck. It's so funny."

Lars laughs anxiously, "That is funny, Buck! It sounds great!" he makes thumbs-ups, "Super cool! Can't wait!" he then makes finger guns, "Bingo, bongo!"

"Cool." Buck then takes his leave.

Lars puts his face in his hands and groans loudly, ""Bingo, bongo"?! Where did I even learn that?!"