Political Power

Isabella and Steven walk down to where the Gems are.

"Okay, we have everything we need for the experiment and Steven and Isabella are home fast asleeeep?!" Pearl exclaims once she notices them.

Steven waves, "Hey guys."

"Steven! Isabella! It's way past your bed time. You should really go back to the house!" Pearl told them, working on a machine.

"Steven didn't want to miss... whatever this is. What is this?" Isabella asks.

"Pearl got lonely, so she made herself a robot friend." Amethyst explained.

Pearl looked annoyed, "It's not a robot friend. It's a robot disruptor. It should produce a localized energy blast so when Peridot shows up to...meet with us, we'll have something that can knock out all her robonoids." Pearl places a robonoid in front of the machine and proudly holds a remote, "Now stand back everyone!" Pearl presses a button and the machine activates and sends out a very powerful signal that knocks the gems off their feet and shuts off all of the electricity in Beach City.

"We did it!" Steven cheered before the robonoid gets up, unaffected.

"Ugh." Amethyst falls back down.

"Well, you knocked out all the lights in town so that's a start." Isabella said with sarcasm.

Pearl turned to her, a little embarrassed, "Isabella, that was not the point of the-"

"I was being sarcastic." Isabella told her.

Pearl sighs, "Alright, that was a start! Now I'm going to need to take some parts out of the washing machine. Steven, Isabella, you might have to wear the same shirts for a while."

"No problem!" Steven takes off his shirt to reveal a second shirt underneath.

"Why?" Isabella asks.

The next morning...there was a knock at the beach house door.

"I'll get it!" Isabella rushes down the stairs and opens the door to reveal Mayor Dewey looking very sweaty, "Hey, Mayor Dewey! How can I help?"

"Hello there Miss Universe. Any of your sisters home?" he asks.

"I don't have sisters, sir. Only a brother." Isabella answers.

"I mean, your caretakers! You know....the tall one, the purple one, the hot one. Look, the power is out and I've been mayor long enough to know they had something to do with it."

"I'll get one of them. Pearl! Can you come here for a moment?" Isabella asks as Mayor Dewey blushes, fixing his collar.

"Coming!" Pearl walks over to them, holding the robonoid in her hand, "Oh, can I help you?"

"Yes...Oh hi! Beach city is currently experiencing a wide spread power outage-"

"Oh, don't worry about that, the power should be back on as early as tonight or as late as... never." Pearl explained.

"Never coming back?!" Mayor repeats.

"Yes?"

"No, no, no! It has to come back! The people of Beach City can't handle a situation like this, they need their electronic distractions so they won't know that this town is a magnet for disaster!" Mayor Dewey told her.