Gem Harvest

"Hey, Sis. Can you do me a favor?" Steven rushes over to her as she was strumming her lyre.

"Sure, bro! What do you need?" Isabella asks.

"Lick this!" he holds up a pumpkin seed.

"What?"

"Lick it!"

"I'm not licking that! I don't know where it's been!" she told him.

"It's not about where it's been! It's where it will take Lapis and Peridot!"

Isabella sighs as her brother gives her puppy-eyes, "Fine." she takes the pumpkin seed and licks it, "There."

"Thanks!"

...

"Hurry!" Peridot drags Isabella and Steven through the corn field she and Lapis made.

"Peridot, slow down!" Isabella giggles.

"But you need to see, we did it!" Peridot gestures to a small living pumpkin that Lapis was observing, the vegetable jumping and barking around like a dog, "Guess you don't know how vegetables work after all, Steven."

Isabella stares at her brother.

"Heheh. Yeah, you guys sure showed me." Steven smiles nervously.

"Bro, what did you have me do?" Isabella whispers.

"Come now, my little creation! You can assist in harvesting the rest of your kind." Peridot detaches the pumpkin dog from its stem and holds it in her hand. The pumpkin suddenly jumps out of her hand and runs towards Isabella, who picks it up.

"Uhh...Must be the pumpkin treats in your back pocket, sis. Heheh..." Steven smiles nervously again.

"But I don't have pumpkin treats." Isabella told him.

Peridot walks over to them, "That doesn't make sense. We made it! It should listen to us!"

Lapis walks up besides Peridot, "It's only just come into existence, and it already doesn't like us."

"Oh, come on. Go to Peridot and Lapis!" Isabella places the pumpkin down near the two Gems, but it jumps back into her arms, "Steven...tell them."

"I'm sorry, I think he's coming to Belle because...She's the one who made him." Steven explains.

"Oh. That explains it."

"Well, we made this one." Lapis picks up a normal pumpkin.

"It's...okay. But look at Isabella's." Peridot gestures to the pumpkin, "It has a face and everything..."

"It's true. Ours...doesn't have a face..."

"Oh no! Don't be sad! Wait right here. I have an idea!" Steven runs towards the pumpkin patch, "Our dad showed us how to do this once." he picks up a trowel, "First we make a mouth. Nyeh!" he slits a smile onto a pumpkin with the trowel as the pumpkin dog watches confusedly, "Then we make two...eyes." he jabs two holes into the pumpkin for the eyes, the pumpkin dog whimpering on fear as Isabella lightly stroked its head, "Hmm...Looking pretty good."

"Bro, you forgot a step." Isabella points out.

"Oh, yeah!" Steven carves an opening on the pumpkin, "You have to hollow it out!" he dumps the pumpkin guts out of the pumpkin onto the ground. The pumpkin dog freaks out and Isabella sets it in Lapis' arms.

"Yay! It loves us now." Peridot smiles as the pumpkin dog barks furiously at Steven, "Awww, it's okay, Veggie Head. That brute can't get you now."

Steven looks confused.