The Message

Greg was playing his guitar outside of the beach house. When he finished, Isabella and Steven cheered.

"That sounded great!" Steven compliments.

"Oh thanks! I'm thinking about calling it, "Water Witch"." Greg waves his hand.

"Cool." Isabella says.

"And check this out, I can add some vocal distortion too."Greg uses a device to make his voice sound robotic when he spoke into a microphone, "Steven, Isabella, your dad's a robot now. And now that I'm a robot," he causes a distortion, "things will be better and cooler. Please forgive me for being an amazing machine."

"I can't stay mad at my robo dad." Steven says.

"Where's all this awesome energy coming from?" Isabella asks.

"Actually, I was inspired to make some new songs after the ocean got sucked up into space a while back. I even drew up some freaky album artwork." Greg hands them a drawing of his album cover.

"It looks like..." Steven puts a finger on the drawing, "Lapis Lazuli."

Greg takes the drawing back, "Easy with the tender touches, don't want it to get all smudged. Here, Steven, plug this up and help your old man work out this witchy jam." he hands him an electric guitar.

"Yeah! Let's! Jam!" Steven strums the electric guitar but it makes no sound, "Uh? Where my jams at?"

"Steven, look down at the sand." Isabella pointed down.

Steven looks down and picks up the plug in cord, "Ah ha!" he plugs the electric guitar into a T.V., "All right, here we go. Let's..." he strums the guitar again, "... jam!" no sound. He repeatedly tries to strum guitar and says, "Jam!" but still no noise is heard from it.

Greg points to the TV, "Oh, sorry, that's just the T.V. See, you plugged into the video jack but were making audio here. Don't you know video killed the audio star?"

Steven looks around, dazed and confused, "I have no idea what you are talking about."

"That's okay, you leave the details to me. When you're a one-man band you got to know how to do it all lyrics, graphic design, forum moderation, but for me it was all about the audio." Greg says.

"That's amazing, Dad." Isabella smiles.

"Ok, we need a catchy hook!" Greg told them, "Something like..." he starts to play, "Well she's a riptide queen and she's super mean-"

"Woah, hold the phone!" Isabella stopped him, "Now give the phone to us." 

"Lapis was not mean, she was just trying to get home. How 'bout this instead? Sis, you sing." Steven strums his guitar.

Isabella: She was trapped in a mirror And it couldn't be clearer. She wanted to leave this place And get herself back in space. And dad you might think she's a criminal. But her friendship comes through subliminal. Lapis Lazuli~ You fled into the bottom of the sea~ Lapis Lazuli~ You were so mad but then you came around to me.

Steven stops playing and Isabella stops singing when a strange and loud noise startles them.

"Uh, what the heck is that?!" Steven asks.

"It must be some kind of weird feedback!" Greg unsuccessfully tries to stop the noise by changing his audio keyboard, "Hm, it's not us."

Steven had his hands over his ears.

"It must be coming from the temple!" Isabella exclaims.

"Let's go check it out!" Steven adds.

"You two go on ahead, this is a gem thing and I don't want to get in the way. Plus I get to eat the rest of this pizza."