Serious Steven

Steven wakes in a haze, a worried look on his face and a ringing in his ear. He observes Beach City Funland in ruins with giant teacups scattered across the park and several people, including the Crystal Gems and his sister, appearing hurt, except for Garnet who was standing up looking at him.

Two weeks later...

"Pay attention Steven, this is going to be your first serious mission. You need to be ready." Garnet told him as the little boy was upside down while they were warping.

"Yes! I'm ready, I'm so ready!" Steven says.

"Steven, I believe that being serious involves warping upright." Isabella turns her brother up right and Pearl gets hit in the eye by Steven's ukulele. 

Pearl scoffs, "Why did you bring that?"

"I don't know! I was excited, and i-it's mine, and I like it!" Steven threw his arms in the air as the ukulele slipped off of him and floated away. 

"Steven! Your ukulele!" Isabella pointed at it as Steven swims after it. 

"Steven get back here! You could get seriously-" 

The Gems and Isabella got warped to a strawberry battlefield.

"Hurt!" Pearl finished her sentence as Steven warped several feet into the air and several yards away, falling and getting covered in strawberry juice.

Isabella and the Gems rush over to him as he stands up, "Steven! Are you-" 

"I-I'm fine! I'm good, I'm just.. gooey." Steven licks his arm as butterflies come up to him and cling to his face and arms, "Aah! They're in my eyes!" he runs frantically yelling and then trips. 

Garnet swats them away, "They're just butterflies, Steven." 

Isabella helped Steven up as he laughs. 

"Well, they looked a lot bigger when they were on my eyeballs." Steven told her. 

Amethyst laughs, "Steven, you're a riot!"

"I'm suddenly having second thoughts about bringing Steven on this mission..." Pearl told Garnet. 

Garnet puts her hand on Pearl's shoulder, "Shh... Just look at him." she gestures to Steven who was getting a piggyback ride from his sister, "Now let's go recover the gemstone." 

The Gems, Steven, and Isabella walk through the battlefield full of strawberries. 

"Unbelievable, this was once a Gem battlefield, now it's wild strawberries as far as the eye can see!" Pearl twirls happily as Amethyst rolls her eyes, "Oh, that's what I love about the Earth! Maybe this will be a light mission after all." she bumps into Garnet before backing away. 

"... Maybe not." Garnet summons a missing piece of the Pyramid and places it into the slot.

The door opens for them as they walk inside, Steven saying, "Woah!" 

Isabella smiles before yelling, "Steven's the best!" 

The temple makes the sound echo back.

"Why thank you, temple." Steven thanks. 

"You're both doofs." Amethyst told them as Steven runs over to a floating pyramid in the center.

"Hey, what's this thing? It's like a cool floaty triangle thing." 

Amethyst yawns in boredom. 

"Whatever it is, you probably shouldn't touch it." Isabella told him as he touches it.