Isabella's Dream

Isabella slowly wakes up and finds herself in the middle of a lush grassy field, facing a group of pink flowers.

"Isabella?"

"Sis?"

Isabella wakes up at the sound of her father and her brother's voices. She touches her face in shock, finding herself crying. Was the atmosphere that beautiful that she cried?

"You okay, sweetheart? You fell asleep during the movie. I was gonna let you sleep, you looked so cute. But, then you started crying, and that was less cute." Greg says.

"Sis, why were you crying?" Steven asks.

Isabella wipes the tears away from her face, "No, I'm fine. I actually don't know why I was crying. My dream wasn't really sad." she then yawns, Steven yawning after her.

Greg checks his watch, "Oh gee, look at the time, and my classy new watch. Let's get you two home, bud."

...

"Did I miss anything?" Isabella asks as they walk towards the stairs to the house.

"Eh, you didn't miss much. Turns out they were abducting cows 'cause they needed milk for their cereal planet." Greg explains.

Steven was about to climb up the stairs, but his sister stopped him, "Something wrong, sis?"

"Dad, before you go, can I ask you something?" Isabella asks.

"Yeah, of course!"

"Did Mom ever talk to you about...Pink Diamond?"

"Pink Diamond?" Steven asks.

"There were some things your mom didn't like to talk about. I never pressed her for details."

"Why not?" Steven asks.

Greg sits down on the stairs, his children sitting down as well, "Rose and I talked about tons of important stuff. Music, comic books, getting sand between your toes, y'know, feelings. We both made a lot of mistakes when we were young. I thought disco was coming back, she started a war, I think she felt like she had to confess everything to me, but I told her, "The past is the past. All that matters to me is who you are now." And who she was, was an incredible, loving being."

Isabella and Steven hug their father, "Night, Dad."

"Night, kiddos." Greg hugs them back.

...

Isabella, dressed in her pink nightgown, climbs into bed and falls asleep.

She suddenly wakes up inside her dream again, in the middle of the lush field with pink flowers, "I'm here again...huh? I guess I can look around. What is this place? What's..." she spots something pink and overgrown, "What is...woah..." it looked like a Palanquin.

Isabella suddenly sits up in her bed, "What was that?" she wipes her hand across her face, finding herself crying again, "What's going on?"

...

Connie sweeps away a bunch of papers, a pencil, and a cup of water off the table as Steven watched the papers scatter.