Monster Buddies

Isabella was in her room playing her flute when she heard Steven call for her, "Hey sis! We're going on a mission with a new friend!"

Isabella walks down the stairs and notices the Centipeetle, "Aw! How cute!"

...

"I just don't know if this will wo-"

"Squawk!" Steven interrupts Pearl as Centipeetle creates a hole through ice boulders, "Alright, Centipeetle!" he throws chips into Centipeetle's mouth as he laughs.

"That was really useful." Isabella comments.

"Shooting Star, here we come..." Pearl says as they start to walk.

The Gems, Steven, Isabella, and Centipeetle walk to their destination, Centipeetle spitting acid so they can get through and every time she does so, Steven rewards her with chips.

The Gems then go through a cave to the Shooting Star room.

"Woah." 

"Cool!"

The Shooting Star room was quite beautiful and shining. They walk up to a small pool that had the Shooting Star inside.

"There it is! The Shooting Star! An ancient elemental, so hot, and so volatile, it can only be contained in ice. Bare skin cannot endure its intensity!" Pearl explains, passionately. 

"What do you do with the Shooting Star?" Steven asks.

"I know you don't wish on it. That's for sure." Isabella says.

"Uhh, you shoot it." Amethyst states as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Garnet, you'll have to use your gauntlets as not to hurt your hands." Pearl told the tall gem.

Garnet summons her gauntlets and was about to dip them into the pool when Centipeetle starts to shriek. 

"No, no, no! Not now!" Steven rushes over to her. 

Garnet stands up, her gauntlets clenched, "Something's wrong."

Centipeetle gets even more scared and starts to shoot acid all over the ceiling, the stalactites falling from the ceiling. 

"Woah!" 

Everyone crouches down and covers their heads to shield themselves from the stalactites. The small pool bursts some steam out. 

"Steven!" Pearl summons her spear, "I knew this would happen!" she charges and hits the Centipeetle against the wall, which forms a crack as more stalactites fall.

Steven runs over to Pearl, "Aaah! Pearl, stop! It was an accident!" he tries to pull Centipeetle up, but accidently pulls her hair. She shrieks as he lets go, "Sorry for pulling..."

"Steven!" Garnet kicks Centipeetle away from the boy. 

"Noooo!" Steven begins to tear up.

"Steven, she'll be ok." Isabella told him. 

The Centipeetle runs toward Steven but then is blocked by Amethyst and Pearl. Pearl hits her with her spear. Amethyst whips her and accidentally sends the Gems flying into the wall. The Centipeetle shakes herself out of the whip and prepares to attack the Gems. 

Steven runs to stand in front of them, "Stop! You don't need to fight! This isn't you! You're not a monster anymore! You're more than that. We have so many memories now! Remember the chip times?" Every time Steven walks toward her, the Centipeetle backs away, "And how you saved me from that vicious seagull? And how we became best friends?" he pulls her into a hug, "You have to remember! This all happened today!" 

Acid falls onto Steven's jacket and the Centipeetle slowly calms down.

Isabella smiles at the two before noticing a giant stalactite. There was a crunching noise and the stalactite started to fall toward Steven. Isabella quickly ran over and pushed Steven out of the way, "Look out!" 

The Centipeetle shoves Isabella away into Garnet's arms as it looked up to the stalactite. She gets crushed and her eye slowly disappears.

"Nooo!" Steven tears up as the Gems and Isabella looked shocked. 

Centipeetle poofs as her gem rolls over to Steven. He kneels down next to his sister, tears falling down his face, "She saved you." 

"Steven... You did a good job trying to tame the Centipeetle. Your mother would be so proud of both of you." Garnet told them.

"She would?" Isabella asks.

"The truth is, Rose Quartz had tried to use her powers to save these monsters too, but she was never able to heal them." Garnet explains.

"Never? But if she couldn't do it..." Steven trails off.

"Who knows? Maybe when you have better control of your powers, you might help them in ways even your mother couldn't." Pearl told them.

"Even this one." Garnet adds.

"We'll keep it safe, bro." Isabella reaches toward the gem and she bubbles it.

"Whoa!" Amethyst gasps.

"Isabella! You can bubble Gems!" Pearl exclaims.

"Wow!" Steven says in awe. 

"Any last words before we send her to the temple, Steven?" Isabella asks.

"Wait for me, Centipeetle. I promise we'll heal you up someday." Steven says as Isabella bubbles her away, "Ooh! Wait!" Steven reaches for the bag of chips in his jacket. He bubbles the bag and sends it off as well.