7

...I opened my eyes groggily seeing Mama standing over me " So are you in a 'I just need to rest' type of bad mood, or are you in a 'I'm about to smash stuff with a bat' type of bad mood?" Mama asked me with a hand on her hip

I just stare up at her while lying on the couch with a bat clutched to my chest " I haven't decided yet." i say bluntly

" Come on now, get up pinky we have washing to do before i have to get on out of here for work" Mama said tugging me out into the yard where a three whole washing baskets full of wet clothe lay in just waiting to be hung up to dry on the line by me an Mama.

I don't know how long it took but sooner than later we finished and i was off of work just like that, i stretched myself out before opening my eyes to see two beady eyes starring back at me.

I ran back into the living room screaming a high pitched nail against glass screach and jumped into Thomas' arms, tightly gripping him for dear life before seeing Chop walk into the room from the same direction i came from with a huge as fuck grasshopper in his hand still wiggling and squirming with life.

I whined and jumped off of Thomas and hid on the other side of the room as Thomas walked over to ChopTop and picked up the insect before dropping it back facing down onto the carpet.

I jumped up and down cheering him on as he stepped onto the bug instantly squishing it to bits

" My hero!" I cheered some more as he faced me, i felt my face get hot as i smiled at him happily.

Then he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

" Bastard" I huffed from under my breath as i stood up rubbing my hind as i went over to where Bubba was on the couch and plopped down onto his lap with a 'hmmft'

Bubba babbled happily and wrapped his arms around me engulfing me in his warm soft arms, i nuzzled my back into him and started humming a soft tune to myself. Just then Drayton walked into the lounge gazing at me and then directing his eyes over to the twins who just walked up and over to behind me and Bubba on the couch, he stood in the lounge room with his hands on his hips

" I hope you have a good explanation for this." Drayton said with narrowed eyes as he held up a MASSIVE fucking grasshopper between his fingers

" W-We have three actually." Nubbins said while fiddling with his shirt hem

" Pick your favourite." I said with a shrug and sly grin

I watched ChopTop and Nubbins facepalming right beside me in the corner of my eye as Bubba groaned at me from within my mass of hair.

Drayton scoffed and sent the twins off into the yard to do some yard work with Monty, i was begrudgingly let go from Bubba as we went to join them.

Drayton walked on over to me as i pulled my top down since it had ridden up slightly

" Robin girl, i know the boys can get a bit much but that does not mean you have the right to scream bloody murder over some small bug" Drayton said with an eye roll

" Try to be positive and go for a walk or somethin'" He said before dissapearing into the kitchen to make something for lunch i suppose, i walked out onto the porch and with a sigh.

" That blasted sawyer boy can't be good at everything. Maybe he's a bad kisser?" I hear Hoyt say to Mama as they sat on the porch chairs, i hummed a little tune grinning as i walked pass them.

" No, he's good at that too." I said without looking at them, me and Bubba had a small smooch under the mistletoe i put up a year ago and oh fuck i am still so grateful i had hung it up.

Hoyt grunted " What?" He asked

I shrugged with a stupid smile " What?" I asked, i then sighed and got my shit together

" Right! Remember what Drayton said Robin, think positive!" I said to myself, humouring me up as i took a few steps forwar-

I felt myself loose footing and i fell down the fucking porch stairs, i sat there with my ass taking the most impact as well as my back, I just sat there with a blank look on my face before forcing a bright smile and giggled.

" Wow, i got down those stairs fast!" I said with another giggle

I just sat there hearing Hoyt laughter from the porch as Mama seemed to join him.

I sighed " I hate my life"

I saw Bubba moving some logs to the other side of the yard with Thomas while Chop looked like he was trying to build a small hut with twigs off to the side, i shrugged and pulled myself up deciding to go over to see what Chop thought he was doing.

" Hey Chop, what are you doing?" I asked as i placed a hand onto my hip with a slightly playful smirk

Chop didn't even look up to acknowledge me

" Saw the tumble ya took back there!" He said suddenly before bursting out in laughter

I sighed rubbing my temple before looking at him with my hands behind my back as a flirty grin plasted itself onto my face.

" Well, I'm sorry, i couldn't help that i fell for you~" I purred out as his laughing stopped before he looked at me narrowing his eyes

We stayed like that for a minute or so before we both lost it laughing, i held my stomach and bent over slightly.

I decided to pot around for abit helping Chop with his creations before long it had started getting dark, Mama left hours ago with Hoyt following not long after leaving me, Monty and the younger boys to our own amends.

Well we're all inside now just mucking around, Thomas didn't have any meat to cut up so he joined us in the lounge with the radio blasting throughout the room.

Monty looked at me and Chop before turning to Thomas who stood there with his arms crossed

" Are they flirting?" Monty asked not taking his eyes of off us.

Thomas just sighed with a shrug

" We're not flirting, we're arguing." Chop said with his arms crossed

" Oh no, we're flirting" I said with a creepy smirk, i was suddenly yanked backwards from behind and landed on a soft warm lap.

I tilted my head back to see that my captor was the one and only Bubba, i felt my face get hot as he continuously shook his head at Chop while his grip tightened around my waist.

I giggled and nuzzled my back more against him and he hummed in delight before smiling from what i could see, maybe he enjoys hugging me just as much as i enjoy hugging him? does he actually like touching me like this? by choice?

I started humming to the radios tune and before long i was muttering the words to the song and not too long after i made up lyrics to it myself, i shifted to sit on Bubba's lap to face him. I was straddling him. I giggled when he tensed up but that didn't stop my assault of lyrics.

" ~I like telling dirty jokes and i like smoking when i can. But darling, i love you and i like laughing at fuck ups and i like throwing rocks at cops but darling...." I sang softly as i cupped his masked cheek feeling its sand papery feel " i love you like the moon and stars when escaped victims get hit by cars oh boy, you know its true and darling i love you ~" I finished up with a goofy grin as Monty cackled and Chop clapped alongside Nubbins, Bubba squealed loudly and hugged me tighter shoving his face into my pigtails while continuously babbling in his own language. He took that well...