Chapter 44 Phantom's POV

Word Count: 667

{*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}

As I reached the tower I slowed my pace to a walk., my head lowered as I approached a small group of students walking out of the building.

"Who're you?" One duelist asked.

I slid my goggles down and tightened my hood around my hair in one swift motion. I looked at the man.

"Why're you asking me!" I barked in as deep of a voice I could muster, grabbing the duelist's shirt collar with my free hand.

"S-sorry, Y-Yugo! I-I just didn't recognize you for a moment... D-did you get a new r-riding suit?"

"Um- no! I love my riding suit, this's just a cool cloak I snatched from Yuri!" I spat, releasing his collar and pushing past him.

I walked briskly inside and over to the elevator.  I turned back, I could see the students stiffen under my gaze. Turning back, I clicked the elevator button and watched as it slithered open. Oh for crying out loud!

"Oh, hello." Reiji says as he sees me.

I growl and step in, keeping my head down. It's one thing to pass for Yugo to people who've never seen him, but as long I can keep my head down, and say as little as possible, I should be fine.

"What floor?" He asks.

"Sixth!" I say agitatedly in as deep a voice I can manage again.

"What's got you in such a mood, Yugo?" Yes! He's totally buying my Yugo impression!

I growled again.

"That stupid Cabbage was calling me a 'Banana' again! Then he started calling me 'Fusion'! I hate that guy!"

"So the usual, huh?"

I hear a bell as the elevator reaches the sixth floor.

"Stupid Cabbage..." I grumbled, stepping out.

The door closes behind me.

"What do you want?" I said seething.

"Just wanted to remind you about the meeting in about an hour." Reiji, who unfortunately decided to pester me a little longer, stated plainly.

I grumble and stalk away from him.

"Oh, by the way," Reiji says casually. "hold onto this for me."

Heathen reaches into his pocket, pulling out a white clip, identical to the one that sent Yuya away! What if catching it sends me off too? I'll never get him out! But if I don't catch it my cover will be blown for sure! Unless it already is! Does he know I'm not Yugo?

"Look out!"

**CRASH**

A student with far too many things crashed into Reiji. "I-I'm s-so sorry si-, M-Mr.Akaba!? Please forgive me, I truly am sorry, I wasn't paying attention!" the student rambled.

I take this saving grace period to catch the device with my cloak. I examine it thoroughly as he reassures the student that they're fine. It's fake!? There's no mechanics on it at all! It's just plastic! He's on to me, that's for sure... maybe I was trying too hard...

"Thanks." I say, leaving Reiji and the student to clean up the fallen items.

I finally found the room, "Synchro: Course One". and peer in. Empty, perfect! I slid in and looked around. Inside there were about twenty desks lined up in rows of five, all facing a larger desk at the front. Behind the teacher's desk, a television screen that showed the starting image for a video called "Synchro: Lesson One". The wall beside the door was essentially a giant sheet of glass, blinds attached to the top of each pane. The back of the classroom was large cabinets. I walked over to one and opened it. Inside were shelves bisecting the interior. The top half was packed with binders. The bottom was empty. Both cabinets were at least eight to nine feet tall, so this might make a good hiding spot if I need it.

As if on cue with my thoughts, a bell rang out, to signal the start of the school day. Students began shuffling in the halls gloating about past glories, while others mopped about past failures. Suddenly, the knob to the classroom door jiggled a bit. I quickly crawled into the cabinet that was deeper than I'd originally thought. I then closed the door and got comfortable.

I'm gonna be here for a while...