Chapter 2 Phantom's POV

Bare with me people, it gets better. This chapter is a lot longer than the last one!  ^^

Word Count: 1132

{*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}

L.I.D. is so relentless! I finally get G.O.D from Eve, just to get attacked by Reiji. I mean, I never said that once I get G.O.D, that I'd give it to him.

After beating Eve and exiting her frozen facility, Reiji had captured me. From there I was handcuffed and put in an isolation room. Thankfully, once they locked the door, the cuffs automatically unlocked and fell off, which could be a plus in the future.

The room was dark, and shaped like a rectangle. A bench stretched out a bit from one of the longer walls, with the door on one of the more square sides. I was currently sitting on the cold stone floor looking at my deck, using the small rectangle cut out in the door for light.

'Yuto?'

'Yes Yuya?'

'Are you guys okay...?' I asked my brother.

Yuto sighed and shifted a little, looking away from me.

'I know you guys were working really hard to hide my memory, and I get why you did...' I thought softly.

Behind me, Yuto tried to punch the wall beside him, only to find that he couldn't. Go figure. He is a spirit after all...I turned to him.

"Yuto!?" I yelled worriedly.

He turned to me with a semi-surprised look on his face. But, only for a moment. He then removed his hand from the wall and hid his eyes.

'I-' Yuto started, but, was interrupted by the sound of screams from outside the room.

Yuto and I looked at one another and then went to the door, looking into the hall through the spy-box.

Bash!

Immediately, a giant animal banged against the door and bounced off. Gunshots echoed through the corridor. Within a moment or two, Reiji opened my cell door and pulled me out. He then pushed what looked like a dog, but, different, out of his way. He then handed the gun he held in his other hand to a tall man who had accompanied him.

'Yuto?'

'I know. Let's just follow him. If we stay here another will surely come. He wouldn't release us for a single dog's attack.' Yuto assured.

Although, Reiji wasn't going to give us the option not to follow. He led us up to the roof of the L.I.D Tower. Something was starting to bug me. One, why is there a bunch of dogs running around; two, why would he protect us? If we die, wouldn't that give him G.O.D?

I guess he could see my confusion. Reiji looked to me and stopped. I stopped with him. He stood, staring at me for a moment. He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by screams echoing from the stairwell. Reiji and I ran to the door just in time to keep two of three of those dog things behind the door. We locked it and turned to the one that had gotten by and was now pinning us against the only exit. Too bad for us, there were twice as many on the other side.

A little ways beyond the dog was a four man helicopter; two drivers, two passengers.

"Do you know how to pilot that helicopter?" I asked him, slightly frantic.

" Yes, but this dog doesn't look very negotiable as far as letting us through." he responded, just a hint of anxiety in his own voice.

"Huh? I thought you could negotiate your way out of everything, Mr.Business man?" I joked, though part of me knew that it wasn't the time for jokes.

He seemed to ignore me for obvious reasons. The dog was edging closer, ready to pounce. It's silver fur fur reminded me of a wolf, along with it's golden eyes and muscular build. The only thing that made me think it was anything like a regular dog, was its collar. It was black, with a small block on the bottom, almost like... an electric fence collar! Maybe I can use this to my advantage...?

"Reiji, I have a plan! Stay completely still!" I told him.

Beside us, two items laid on the ground; one was a small pebble, the other was a hose that was looped on a rack. If it's an electric fence collar, then water can give it a real shock! But there was one problem; the hose's spout wasn't anywhere in sight, meaning, it's inside, where the other two dog things are. Which also means, it won't work. Well that plan is trashed...This isn't good...

"What're you-" he was cut off as the other two dogs started banging their bodies against the door. The door was starting to splinter, making one of their glowing eyes visible. They continued.

"Change of plans. You run and start the chopper. I'll lure this one away and jump on when I can." I whispered.

"That's suicide! You're-" I picked up the second object, the pebble, and threw it at the animal.

I started to run as it gave chase.

"You're the only one who knows how to pilot!" I yelled as I ran.

Reiji sighed and then ran to the chopper. The dog was fast, but I was faster. I guess constantly running from L.I.D can impact your speed a bit.

Reiji started the chopper. Immediately after, the door broke. Reiji took off and circled the building waiting for me to jump. Finally, the other two caught on and gave chase as well.

"Phantom!" Reiji yelled,"Jump on!"

I looked at the chopper next to me and then to the two dogs who had just started giving chase. These two were faster than the other one, wait... where's the first one go?

Thankfully, I turned back just in time. The first dog had broken away and come around to block me off. They're smart, I'll give them that.

I didn't have a second to lose. I jumped up and grabbed the railing under the helicopter. Unfortunately, the dog had other plans. The first one latched onto my leg and bit down hard.

"Arg!" I yelped through gritted teeth as rejei lifted the copter higher into the air and away from the tower.

I tried to kick the dog off, but my leg wouldn't move. The feeling in my arms were depleting to. I felt sick and dizzy as my fingers gave loose to the pole. I began to make my descent to the ground far below. Though as I did, a pair of hands grabbed my lifeless ones. I looked up weakly.

"Sora?" I said with what little strength I had left.

Where did he come from...? 

Sora tried to say something, but his words were a blur to me as I passed out.

{*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}