Chapter 16 Phantom's POV

Word Count: 334

{*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}

Something seemed familiar about this town. After a bit more searching, I came to the conclusion that this was definitely not the city I was in before... it seems like Miami City, but something's definitely off about this place. Like how every time I pass by someone, they point and stare, laughing and giggling. Though they didn't seem negative, some people even waved like they knew Me quite well. I'm finally starting to feel the impact on my body from running all night, and as much as I'd like to think differently, a fourteen year old boy needs to rest more often than I'd like... So , here I am, sitting on a surprisingly empty bus stop bench. The sun should be coming up soon, so I should at least try to sleep, even though I took a nap a little while ago back at that school infirmary.

'Yuto?'

No response came, once again. It's been a long time since they didn't answer me like this... I hope they're alright... I hope they start answering me again soon, I can't help but feel a bit lonely without them...

Zarc, who was cuddled up to my side on the bench, glared at people and cars that passed by. I lifted my hand to his soft fur atop his head as he began to growl at a pedestrian passing by.

"It's okay, Zarc." I said sleepy, I'm really starting to feel the lack of energy now...

My eyes felt weighted. I continuously slipped in and out of consciousness as the night leaked away from the sky.

The sun was slow to come. Almost like sleep. The only real difference was that sleep could elude me for days, while the sun could only elude me for a few hours more...

I pulled Zarc closer to me.

"If you could talk... maybe I wouldn't be so lonely..." I whispered into his silver fur.

I never knew how lonely I could be, even with a companion...

{*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}