Chapter 32 Phantom's POV

Word Count: 738  

{*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}

What just happened? Why did his eyes-...

'Focus.'

There it is again! What is that? Is it from a lack of sleep?

"Are you happy now?" Reiji said carefully.

Yuya looked to the ground in agreeance. It seems Yuya understands. There's no point in being upset with him now. No amount of yelling would bring that candy monster back. It'd be a fruitless venture to continue this... I can't believe he'd do that though. How did he even accomplish something like that? Is he really the reason we're here? But for what? What's here that isn't back home? All the people are the same, all the cities still exist, even if they're in different dimensions, just what caused him to bring us here?

"What did Sora mean by, 'plan'?" I asked directly.

Reiji's eyes narrowed, as though he were assessing something.

"Just as I told Yuya, you don't need to know. You'll find out soon enough." With that, he turned on his heel, exiting the house.

As he reached the door, he turned back to Yoko, who'd been watching from the kitchen. She looked confused, probably from Yuya's outburst earlier.

"I'm sorry for intruding like this, Mrs. Sakaki. Please, if you'll excuse me." He said quickly with a light bow before hurrying out the door.

"How did he know Yuya's name?" I thought aloud.

Speaking of Yuya, I glanced back at him. He was still staring at the ground intently. He seemed upset; I guess it hurt him more than I originally thought. In this world, he and Sora are good friends, so for him to see the one from my world practically disappear into thin air. I sighed lightly before walking over to him, wrapping my arms around him. He jumped slightly before relaxing as he realized what was happening. He began to relax slightly before his legs gave out, causing him to sit on the floor once again. I hurriedly caught him, setting him down gently, continuing to hug him.

Another second flew by before he returned the embrace, although, by then, the comforting atmosphere was interrupted when Yuzu and Yoko came rushing into the room to ask what happened.

'He's getting away. Go after him."

As though Yuya had heard the same voice, he raised to his feet walking towards the door.

"Yuya?" I asked, rushing up to him as he reached the door.

Yuya didn't slow his pace, nor seem to even realize that I was there. Glancing between him and the two ladies in the living room, I thought up an excuse quickly.

"Uh-um-... We're gonna go for a quick walk, we'll be back later." I called as Yuya opened the door and left, me following closely behind him.

I stopped for a moment outside, but as I was about to close the door behind me, Zarc swiftly slipped through the threshold, padding his way over to Yuya. I closed the door, jogging to catch up to them. As I reached them, I placed a hand on his shoulder in hopes of him slowing down a bit. As my hand connected with his shoulder, he stopped dead in his tracks, causing me to run into him, pushing us both to the ground. Pushing myself up, I realized that I'd landed on top of him, practically pinning him to the ground. From this position, I could see the slightly damp lines along his cheeks, along with a quick look at a thick cloudiness receding from his eyes. Once his eyes cleared, he stared up at me before shifting his gaze to the sky.

"How'd we get outside?" He asked obliviously.

I stared down at him completely baffled. You just walked out here, how do you think you got out here?

I stood up, offering a hand to him. He took it gratefully, allowing me to pull him to his feet.

'You're wasting time.'

Yuya's eyes widened.

"Did you hear that too?"

"Yeah, was that you?" Yuya answered.

"No." I stated concernedly.

"Then-."

Yuya was interrupted by a rather loud bark from Zarc. We both looked at him.

"You don't think-.."

"Zarc?"

In the noon lighting, Yuya and I stared at the animal with us. The one who'd saved my life twice, the one who kept me company after I'd lost my brothers, stared quietly at us from a few steps away, his golden eyes reflecting the sun's brightest glow.

 {*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}