Chapter 29 Yuya's POV

Word Count: 636

{*_*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_**_*_*_*_*}

Dad opens the door and give a slight wave as he leaves. I pick up my pancake lunch and bring it to my lips only to stop short as I notice Phantom staring, slightly confused at the food in front of him.

"Is something wrong?" I ask, lowering the food in my hands and setting it back on the plate.

Phantom jumped slightly, turning towards me and gave a nervous smile.

"I've never seen anything like this Is all..."

"Well I guess that only makes one of us!" Sora giggles, taking an enormous bite of his sandwich, munching happily.

Phantom and I stare silently at him for a moment before busting out into laughter. Mom walked over to us, napkin in hand.

"You sure do eat with the utmost edicacy, huh?" She joked, wiping Sora's mouth gently.

As Mom began walking back to the kitchen to clean up, I stole a glance at Phantom. He watched solemnly as she walked away. He always seems so distraught whenever he's around Mom and Dad, I wonder why... Did something happen to them in his world? Should I ask? I don't want to pry on something that he's sensitive about... Best to leave it alone for now I guess.

"Ya' know, this is a dish best served warm, right?" I asked Phantom comedically.

He jumped slightly again. What's putting him on edge? Nothing bad is going to happen, right? No one is going to burst in and attack us. Is he just uncomfortable since I sound like him? Is that it?

"Oh! Sorry..." He answered quietly, picking up the food, taking a small bight.

All of a sudden, his eyes lit up and he scarfed down the sandwich. Now it was me and Sora who were giggling. Unlike Sora, he didn't leave a crumb on his face. He looked up at us as he took his last bight, looking as though he did something wrong.

"What?" He asked confusedly.

Sora leaned his cheek against his open palm, elbow resting confidently on the table.

"Who knew you were such a pig!" Sora said jokingly with a smug look plastered to his face.

It took all I had to contain my laughter as Phantom's face reddened.

"Like you're one to talk!" Phantom returned, slamming his hands on the table, hovering over it.

Their faces were almost touching as the originally playful, but seemingly angry, game of ping- pong continued. With their position, I couldn't help myself.

"Oh, kiss already!" I said sarcastically, laughing hysterically.

But-. Maybe I shouldn't have. Immediately, they both turned to me, glaring knives as the locked eyes with me. I swear they look like they're going to kill me!

Luckily, the front door slammed open as a familiar pink haired female ran in, grabbing onto Mom, hugging her tightly. I jumped up from my chair and ran over to her.

"Yuzu? What' wrong? What ha-?" I was cut short as she slapped me with her signature over-sized fan.

"Ow- ow- ow!" I yelped as I tumbled to the ground.

Sora ran to me while Phantom averted his gaze to anywhere but her, pulling the hood of his cape over his head.

"And that's for last night!" She said triumphantly.

I rubbed my head and closed one eye, turning to Phantom.

"Hey? Do you have any idea what she's talking about?" He merely nodded and continued to look away.

I groaned as I rubbed my head once more.

"Who's that?" Yuzu said, pointing her fan towards Phantom.

I glanced between the two for a moment. I guess he knows something, he doesn't seem to want to talk, but he can't just ignore her!

"Hey, why don't you introduce yourself, huh?" I said annoyedly to him.

"Fine, fine... It's not like we haven't met though..." He said bitterly.

{*_*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_**_*_*_*_*}