Chapter 31 Yuya's POV

This is actually a half chapter from the notebook, but it would have been a bit to lengthy to post as one, so I split it up.

Word Count: 1227

{*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}

Damn that hurt, but I guess I should be used to it by now... I rubbed my head gently as I looked up to the door. Reiji, who had just entered, locked eyes with Phantom in a glaring match. I guess my house is a social battle ground now.

"Reiji?" I asked, glancing between him and Phantom.

Sora seemed just as confused as me as he pulled a lollipop from his pocket, slipping it into his mouth without a word. What's he doing here? After we left I assumed he'd leave us alone for a while, so what gives? Has he gone from camera stalker to classic? Did something happen again? Something that he thinks I had something to do with? After a few more moments of silence, a low chuckled whispered into the silent room.

"Nice to see you again," Sora said with a sly smile pulling the candy from his mouth. "Boss."

"Sora? What are you talking about? What do you mean, 'Boss'?"

"He referring to the fact that he's not from here." Phantom answered lowly, never breaking eye contact with the silver haired male.

"'Not from here'? Wait- so he's like you and Sora!?" Phantom nodded lightly.

"And to whom do I owe the pleasure of this meeting?" Phantom asked, eyes narrowing dangerously.

I would have to be a fool to ignore the obvious tension between them. Just what happened? Sora did say something about Phantom being on the run from L.I.D., similar to how Shun and Yuto were when they first came to Stan- Pendulum... But now that I've met him, he doesn't seem even remotely as bad as I was picturing him to be. He and I act so similar it's a bit creepy; and then there's the looks of course. Reiji and I don't have any bad blood; just what did Phantom do?

"It's nice to see you too, Phantom." Reiji stated with a light smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Now hang on a sec, are you the one who locked me and Sora up earlier?" I asked, though it sounded like more of a demand than anything else.

Reiji's eyes broke from their prison and finally seemed to notice that there were others in the room. As his eyes shifted to me, his gazed hardened, quickly reverting back to his nonchalant stare.

"I'm afraid I can't say. And you are?"

I stared at him bewildered and shocked. Like, 'hello'? It's not like there's an exact look-a-like in the room! I looked to Phantom who never broke his line of sight, almost as though looking away was more dangerous than backing away. Is he...afraid? No- that- that's be silly!

"Leave him out of this." Phantom dead-panned.

Reiji looked back to him, seeming to notice that Phantom had refused to look away since he'd entered the room.

"Out of what?" He said slyly.

From beneath the table, Zarc began to growl rather loudly. I stepped closer to the table, one hand extended in a comforting manner towards the mysterious creature. Upon noticing this, he instantly bolted up from under the table to connect his face to my palm. Slipping my hand along the edges of his mouth and nose, I began scratching his head. He seemed to calm down, sitting beside me.

Reiji sighed in defeat.

"Well, I guess it doesn't really matter anyway."

Sora's ears seemed to perk up with that last remark. His eyes shot towards Reiji, a slight glare heavily concealed in his seemingly calm eyes.

"What do you mean by that?" Asked Sora.

Reiji slipped glances between Phantom and Sora before resting on the latter.

"I mean as I said. In all honesty, it doesn't concern you in the slightest. Besides, your work here is done." Reiji dead-panned.

Sora's eyes flickered with fear before narrowing, a cold sweat forming on his brow.

"You're still going after it? After everything that's happened? If you haven't noticed, things didn't exactly go according to plan." Sora said, speaking in a reminding tone.

'Plan'? What 'plan'? A plan for what? Did they plan to come here? No, how could they? Though I guess it would make a little sense... Sora did meet with his other self here, so unless he just accidentally ran into him... But how would they have even known that another world existed!? Besides, Phantom obviously wasn't informed, if so, he would have told me! Right?

Phantom's eyes widened, as though he'd realized something.

'Silence'

I shook my head. What was tha-?

"I have my reasons for continuing, you on the other hand, are not needed anymore." He stated casually, walking up to Sora, slightly towering over him threateningly.

"Hey, what's all this about? Did you bring us here?! Why?" Phantom gushed, slightly surging forward a few steps closer to Reiji and Sora.

Ignoring him, Reiji swiftly attached a white clip onto the collar of Sora's jacket, a light 'click' echoing through the room.

"Unfortunately, there is no room for you in my new plan, Shiunin." As Reiji pulled away, Sora's body began to glow a light blue.

Sora looked at his hands as the glow became brighter and more vibrant. After another moment, his entire body was nothing but a glowing mold resembling a human form with few details. Rushing forward to grab his hand, our eyes seemed to clash, his sapphire orbs holding surprise and a slight flicker of guilt collided with my ruby red ones, holding sadness and desperation. As my hand was less than a few centimeters away from him, the light completely engulfed him, dispersing into the air like dandelions drifting the the breeze. As my mind registered his absence, my body sunk to its knees.

Not a single trace of him was left behind. Not even a sliver of his cotton-candy blue hair. I stared at my hands resting in my lap. What just happened? Where-... where did he go? My eyes darkened as I pondered the possibilities until one struck me like a knife.

"You-..." I growled lowly.

Reiji shifted his attention to my huddled over form, my fist clenching tightly in a ball. I shot upward coming face to face with him, our faces only a foot or so apart.

"What did you do to him?!" I yelled, catching the attention of my mom and Yuzu who'd gone back to chatting idly in the kitchen.

"You don't need to kno-" he began.

"Like hell I don't!" I interrupted.

I glared angrily at the ground, attempting to recompose myself before I did something I'd regret. After a deep breath, I raised my head to him again, glaring sternly. Reiji visibly tensed.

"Yuya?" Phantom asked. "Y-your eyes-..."

I calmed down a bit more, blinking quickly. I shook my head, ignoring him. I didn't have time to think about such nonsense, this wasn't the time for games.

"What did you do to him?" I repeated, more calmly, but still just as sternly as before.

After a visible gulp, Reiji straightened up, meeting my eyes once more.

"Fine. If you want to know so badly, he's back where he belongs."

"So you-"

"That's right. I sent him back home, back to our world."

{*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*}