chapter 34❤

4 years hence,

"Hurry up! Ugh." Aarav said impatiently.

"... I'm done.. let's go.." Ashley said wearing a very short tight skirt which is barely covering her hips and a very tight shirt.

Aarav sighed "We're going to a temple if you don't remember."

"So?"

"Dress up decently."

"But--"

"You change or you stay at home."

"Ugh. Fine." She said as she vanished into the room.

Aarav impatiently was waiting in the car. He really disliked the idea of waiting for he himself was very punctual.

This girl! Mr. Liam should take her back to UK! Such a burden! We're going for a temple for god's sake! Applying makeup layers after layers.. My Hritika never used makeup-

He stopped as he realised what has encountered his thoughts.

His gaze went to his ring finger where his wedding band rested.

I wonder if you still wear it, or have got rid of it... just like you got rid of me..

He chuckled sadly.

"Why are you chuckling? Alone in a car?" Ashley asked, now dressed in a kurti and palazzo pants and ofcourse, 'layers and layers of makeup'

Her facial expressions changed as if she has realised something and it has shocked her. Her hands dramatically landed on her mouth.

Aarav, annoyed, asked "what?"

"You might have been possessed!! I heard it before I came to India! I researched about India before coming here! Black magic and all!" Ashley said wanting to impress Aarav by her little research.

Aarav laughed mockingly "If you could have used that time in reading some good books you wouldn't have to fly all the way here in first place."

Ashley quietly sat in the car and started clicking pictures of her.

Aarav was getting irritated more and more, and he wanted to kick her out of the car but he decided against it.

But when he couldn't tolerate it anymore "You wouldn't like to stand alone in this road with your broken phone, would you?"

"Um.. hashtag love.. hashtag sexymama" she mumbled as she looked up at Aarav "why you asking?"

"Because that's what'll happen to you if you don't stop that shit right at this moment!"

"I...uh..um..okay.." she was scared.

The rest of the journey was silent.

They both got out of the car as Aarav's bodyguards surrounded him.

With every step he took, he had this feeling in his stomach, that something he might witness today which holds great importance in life.

He opened the shoes as he rang the sacred bells.

There was a young lady praying with her knees folded and forehead touching the ground. A few men in black guarded her.

Aarav without noticing much, kneeled down, bend down so that his head was touching the ground and that's when he heard slow murmurs.

"Happy birthday to you. Wish you were here. I love you."

The voice was very little audible but it stuck Aarav like a thunder.

He knew this voice, he knew who it belonged to.

He turned his head but his view was blocked for her face was covered by a champagne coloured dupatta.

Aarav was confused.

The female figure got up and was surrounded by the men in black and she turned to leave.

"Child!" The priest called.

"Yes?" The melodious female voice again rang through the peaceful hall.

"You're forgetting to take prasaad."

She chuckled "Uh- sorry" the sound of light footsteps could be heard as her figure arrived in front of Aarav.

Her well defined curves, her toned figure, of light complexion, her dark brown soft hair and especially the wedding band in her ring finger resembled of one person. Someone who Aarav was very fond of.

He stood up, elated yet shocked with realisation that he has finally got to see her after 4 years! 4 years of separation.

She turned to return back as her eyes met his and his were already on hers.

The world stopped for them.

Her eyes widened in shock as if she couldn't believe it.

After sometime her eyes wetted slightly making her nose turn red and colour drain from the rest of her face.

"Hritika...."

"Aarav...?"

Getting to meet again, was in their fate forever but is this meet going to last? Or is it just holding on to baseless sand?

_______________________________________

*A very fake smile* thanks for reading. I know you won't vote.

Bye.