chapter 56❤

"Aarav I'm scared." Hritika voiced her recent thoughts over dinner.

Aarav who was feeding the nine months pregnant Hritika, looked at her with soft eyes "We have everything ready, my love. Isn't this the time we were waiting for so long?" He smiled at her forwarding another spoonful food.

While chewing, clumsily Hritika said "But you know what Sweta aunty said? She said the pain will be unbearable. As if the earth will halve itself."

Enraged, he replied "Ugh, that old hag! She's always been a pain in the-"

Controlling his outburst, he put a soft smile on his lips before continuing "Please don't be scared. You're going to be fine. Don't take tension. I'll be just beside you, holding your hand.. and you can put as much pressure as you want on my hand.. scratch it until it bleeds, hold it so tightly that it breaks.."

They both laughed.

"I want to curse you Aarav. Like look at me." She laughed more.

"I was sorry for this during the first months.. but you made me realise this bliss..now you want me to go back where we started?
Sorry ma'am, refund not possible"

"Bad services, sir."

"Okay, now don't stress much, finish this bowl. Come on, open your mouth." Aarav opened his mouth for her to copy.

Hritika laughed at him "I'm not a child! You can't make me eat anymore! I'm so full."

Sighing softly, Aarav kissed the crown of her head before standing up "Alright, no more. Tell me whenever you're hungry again."

Hritika nodded in assurance.

The next day was as shiny and glowy as it could be. Smita had called like always to ask about Hritika's health.

Hritika was sleeping holding a pillow to herself.

Aarav was showering when his phone rang out loudly. Quickly drying himself up, he wrapped the bathrobe around him to receive the call.

"Aarav Malhotra." He spoke.

"Sir, this is Adi, you have an urgent meeting today."

"Um..no. My wife needs me. I'll ask Siddharth or Papa to attend it, okay? Have a good day."

"Sir sir sir! Wait! Sir, it's the Italian company! It's a huge deal sir! We don't wanna miss this! Try to understand!"

Trying to control his nerves, he spoke in a dangerously low voice "Who's the CEO, Mr. Adi?"

"Um..I didn't mean-"

"I can't attend anything now. Hritika is heavily pregnant, so listen to me and let Siddharth take over this one. If needed, you can video call me."

"I am sorry, I understand." The assistant spoke before Aarav disconnected the call.

"You can't be sitting here, feeding me and helping me get up all day, Aarav. I'm fine! They need you, you should go!"

"I won't. You need me too. I'm equally responsible for this, I'm not leaving you alone like this." Aarav said before getting into the closet.

"I don't want you to stay back for me!" Hritika adamantly stated.

"Who said I'm staying for you? I'm staying because I'm a lazy man. I don't want to go to work!"

"And you think I'll buy your lies?"

"Oufe.. stop it now, Hritika. I don't want to leave you alone. That's it."

"As if I'll die alone.." Hritika murmured softly earning a hard glare from Aarav.