chapter 20❤

The sound of the phone vibrating, woke Hritika up at 2.30 in the morning.

She blinked many times to clear her vision then she answered her phone "hmm?"

"Ma'am, Mr. Rajput, the social media influencer? He had a heart attack. Long QT syndrome has been detected. Emergency!" Her PA spoke frantically.

Hritika, realising the situation, got off the bed and started getting changed into formal clothes from the nightwear.

"For now, do as I say!" She commanded.

"CPR in 1..2..3.." she explained as she grabbed the keys of the car.

"Is he responding to it?" She asked.

"Not really ma'am." Said the junior doctor.

"Prepare the OT. I'm coming in 5."

She rushed down the stairs and she was unlocking the door when she heard "what's up with you at this hour?" It was Aarav with his sleepy voice.

"Emergency at hospital... gotta go.." she moved out.

"Wait wait wait. I'll drive you there."

"No, you sleep. I'm used to this."

"I'm not letting you drive alone! It's almost 3!"

"Okay! Just drive fast!"  She gave in realising there's no time to argue.

He did as told. Drove really fast while she sat in the passenger seat explaining into the phone.

She sighed heavily.

"Don't stress much. It's gonna be great. Take care of yourself. Call me when you're done. Get yourself some coffee. NO STESS!" Aarav said as he parked the car in front of the hospital.

Hritika hurriedly got off the car and said "Don't worry so much!" Smiled softly "AND DRIVE SAFE"

Aarav laughed "Bye life saver!"

She just laughed and waved him bye before running into the hospital.

He smiled to himself thinking of her as he drove back home.

As soon as he got home, he was consumed by sleep while Hritika was busy concentrating how to save the mess.

Aarav woke up to the alarm of the sound. It showed 7.

He checked his phone but there was no calls from Hritika. He then went upstairs for working out. To keep him distracted rather.

Hritika on the other hand, completed the surgery at 8. And yeah even if it was a mess, she made it successful. She was too tired but she called Aarav.

Once

Twice

But he didn't answer. She then spent a few hours inspecting the  curing process of few critical patients. She was, then, too tired so she dozed off in her office.

A knock woke her up. She checked her watch, it's 1 pm which means she's sleeping for quite awhile.

"Ma'am, the patient's family wants to meet you."

"Why? Didn't you tell them about everything clearly? Plus he's completely fine." Her head ached.

"I told them. But.."

"Uh- okay..let em in." She said as she composed herself.

Then the door opened and came in a old woman who claimed to be the mother of the person she has did surgery on today.

"Hello ma'am. Sorry if I disturbed you but I couldn't resist meeting the person who has saved my son" she said folding her hands.

"Please don't call me ma'am, you're elder to me, call me Hritika. And I just did my duty" she said.