chapter 21❤

Hritika and Aarav sleep all cuddled up as the sun rises and the sun rays invades their lone space.

"Ugh, what are these curtains for?" Aarav groans.

"Shut up and lemme sleep." Hritika complains.

"But I can't sleep."

"Help yourself." She mumbles still eyes closed, trying to sleep.

"Yeah?" A devilish grin spread across Aarav's face. He holds her waist and flips her over which brings her under him.

"WHAT THE FUCK? LEMME SLEEP YOU ASSHOLE!" Hritika yells with eyes wide open.

"You yourself told me help myself, so I did. I did make my morning pleasant." He feigns innocence.

She pretends to be angry for a moment but can't help chuckling at his behaviour.

"That doesn't mean you'll wake me up! Today I have so much to do. There's a few meetings too. Ugh." She says getting lost in her thoughts.

Aarav pulls her close, and closer, until she's almost on him. Her head rests on left side of his chest, she can hear his heartbeat, peaceful, her mind calms down and she can't help but admit how much she loves his warmth, or maybe how much she loves him? She brushes away the thoughts and puts her arm around his torso.

"Hritika?"

"Hm?"

"Tomorrow I have a business party, I'd really appreciate if you could join me.." he says uncertain about her answer.

"When?"

"Evening, around 7"

"'k" she mumbles.

"You will?" He asks moving a bit to have a better look at her face.

"Yes, now I'll kill you if even move an inch." She says as she snuggles more into his chest causing him snigger.

                     ××××××××

"Hritika? How long will you take? C'mon! We're gonna get late!" Aarav says impatiently.

"Coming!!! A minute!!!"

Aarav tries to adjust his hair looking at the mirror, while Hritika comes out of the closet and slowly comes up to Aarav and adjusts his coat.

Shocked, Aarav can't help but stare and admire her beauty. She's wearing a long dress of champagne pink colour slit open from a side hugging all her curves till her waist, her hair let open. Her face, not full of makeup, but still too graceful.

'what did I do to deserve her?' Aarav smiles as he thinks to himself

Hritika buttons his  coat, and looks up, at his eyes.

"You're looking gorgeous" Aarav whispers making Hritika blush.

"You look no less." She says keeping her hands on his shoulders.

"Well, gotta keep up with my beautiful wife, otherwise people will take me as some peasant to this queen."

Hritika chuckles "someone's being romantic today."

"I'm romantic forever, it's just you never notice." He feigns a pout.

"Then congratulations, I noticed today." She laughs and tugs her hand with his and walks down to the car where the chauffeur opens the door for them as they get into the backseat.

"I'm not a very outgoing person, so I'm kinda nervous about meeting all those people." Hritika states looking down at her hand.

Aarav pulls her close and cups her cheeks "I'll be there with you. Don't worry."

Hritika looked up at him, smiled and held on to his hand tightly.

Ah- maybe their marriage was in a hurry and not in the best time but nothing can ever change what life has for us. But struggles never fail to Crawl into our lives. Let's see what life has planned for them. ❤