Sacrifice pt. 2

"Thea, I'm sorry." Felicity whispers.

"Don't be. She gave those people a chance." I sigh, quickly wiping away stray tears as I make my way towards my long wooden box.

"I thought Merlyn broke your bow." John says as he watches me open the box.

I pull out the bow. Yao Fei's bow. Shado's bow. I guess now it's my bow.

"I have another." I say softly as I pick it up.

"I was going over the device schematics. The device can be set for a timed detonation or can be remote activated by a mobile transmitter." Felicity explains as I turn around to face her and John.

"Something Merlyn could have on him." I add.

"Listen, Thea, if we can just get our hands on this transmitter maybe we don't need to track down the device." John reasons.

"It's too big of an if, Diggle. I need you in the subway. Find the device, disarm it." I order him.

"So you can take on Merlyn by yourself? The hell with that, Speedy." John snaps.

"I have to." I reason.

"He'll kill you, Thea." John whispers.

"I know. He's beaten me twice. And I don't know how to stop him." I confess.

"Okay. Well, how about this time, you bring along something you didn't have the last time you two fought? Me." John argues.

"Don't you know you're always with me, John? But I can't let you." I reason with him.

"And I can't let you do this by yourself, Speedy. Thea, you are not alone. Not since you brought me into this. Us into this. Besides, army regulations. A soldier never lets a brother go into battle alone. Well, in this case, sister go into battle alone." John says holding out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm out of bows." I joke as I shake his hand.

"I got my gun." John responds.

"I guess it's up to me to do the dismantling." Felicity says.

"No. This whole area is ground zero. I want you out of here. I've already made my peace with dying today, not with you two." I argue.

"If you're not leaving, I'm not leaving. Besides, if I don't deactivate the device, who will?" Felicity says.

I nod and look in the eyes of both of them. I nod.

"I'd say something really mushy about us being a team, about being a family. But that's not really my style. So, how about let's kick some ass and try not to die while saving the city?" I say with a smirk.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"You were right." Quentin says as soon as he answers my call.

"I need one more thing from you." I tell him.

"Yeah? What do I got left to give?" Quentin sighs.

"I know where Merlyn is keeping the device. It's in an abandoned subway station near Papp Street." I explain.

"How do you know?" He questions.

"That's where his wife was murdered. I need someone I can trust to deactivate the device. We have a mutual friend that I think could talk you through it." I reply back.

"She says you care about the people of this city that it needs you." Quentin says.

"Right now, detective, it needs you." I respond before hanging up.