Honor Thy Father

"Ms. Queen, I'd really prefer if next time we don't race to Big Belly Burger." John says as he sneaks up behind in the line to order. 

"But it's just so much fun, Mr. Diggle. And hey, you were only two minutes behind me. Much better than last time if you ask me." I say nudging him in the shoulder playfully. 

"Ms. Queen, my job is to protect you, which you're making very difficult with all these games and ditching me." John says roughly. 

"At Least the money's good. Now, what kinda milkshake do you want?" I ask. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Joanna, have you seen my notes for the Somers' trial?" Laurel ask as she walks toward her desk, eyes staring hard at a file in hand.

"Well I found a nice, juicy bacon cheeseburger with fries and a refreshing strawberry milkshake with whipped cream and a cherry. Actually I ate the cherry, but I didn't eat anything else. Promise." I say as stand from the chair next to her desk.

"Thea, you didn't have to do all that!" Laurel exclaims as she places the file in her desk and embraces me in a hug. 

"Of course I did. You're here saving the world one case at a time, it's the least I could do." I say as I pull back from the hug. 

"Thank you. It's been a hectic day for me, this is just the break I needed. Do you have a couple minutes to stay?" Laurel asks.

"I can squeeze in some. Now what's got you in knots, Ms. Lance?" I say as I sit back down in my seat and Laurel sits in hers. 

"Well, in two days I'm going to take Martin Somers, a millionaire for taking part of drug trades to the Chinese Triad, to trial." Laurel explains as she begins to unpack her food from the brown paper bag.

'Somers is on the list, looks like he won't have a date with the Hood if all works with this case. It'd be a win under the belt for both sides.' I think.

"Sounds like it should be an easy win. So why is it creating chaos for you?" I ask. 

"Because, Martin Somers also killed someone. A young girl's father. Her father's death really impacted her, and I just want it to be quick and easy trial. But it won't because Martin Somers is refusing to plead, and I'm forced to make that women relive her father's death." Laurel says as she sadly munches on her fries. 

I sigh as I lean forward and take Laurel's hand in mine reassuringly. 

"It's gonna be okay, Laurel, things will work out in the end." I say as plans for tonight begin to formulate in my head.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"You need to shut down this trial! NOW!" Martin yells in the face of one of his many henchmen in the room.

"Yes, sir." The man says strongly.

Before Martin can bark and wag his tail anymore, I send in arrow striking at one of the lights hanging from above, sending shards of glass to the floor. While Martin and his henchmen are distractedm a send multiple arrows flying toward all his henchmen, striking them down leaving Somers all alone and defenseless. I jump down from my place from atop, right in front of Somers.

"Let's go have a little talk." I say with the voice scrambler, before knocking him out cold with a blow to the face.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:///:/:

"Martin Somers, you have FAILED this city." I voice loudly as the man hanging upside down on the docks starts to come to.

"No,no,no,no." Martin rushes and stutters out as I rise my bow and arrow up and release it.