Yao Fei with his Lessons

"Eat." Yao Fei grumbles as he throws a cage with a bird in it to my feet.

"I can't." I say pushing the cage away. 

"Why?" Yao grumbles.

"It's alive." I say like it's obvious, which it is. 

Yao Fei snickers and goes over to his side of the cave with his bird. Yao Fei flops down on his rock and grabs the bird from its cage. Yao grabs the bird by its neck, and quickly twist it violently, breaking its neck.

"Like a twig." Yao smiles.

I gag and squirm in response, I turn my back to him as he cooks his meal.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:///:/:/:/:

"Please, Yao. I'm hungry." I whine pulling at his arm, for the hundredth time today. 

Yao Fei jerks his arm angrily and turns to me with fire in his eye, he points toward the cage violently. 

"You want to eat, child? There is your food." Yao says angrily. 

"Yao, please!" I cry. 

"No, you will learn. Eventually." Yao says before storming out the cave. 

I collapse to my knees and look to the bird, still trapped in the cage.

"NO! YOU HEAR ME?! NO!" I scream to the bird, slamming my fist against the smooth, cold ground.

The bird chirps in response.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

I lay on the floor, painfully hungry. Yao Fei sitting on his rock in his side of the cage, eating peacefully. After seeing him taking multiple bites into his steaming hot meat, I stumble to my feet. I grab the cage and begin to unlock it, I slip the bird out. I grab its neck and viciously twist it, until hearing the sickening crack of its neck snapping. 

"Like a twig." I whisper as I look towards Yao. 

Yao smiles like a proud father. 

"You may eat." He says with a smile and nods his head to me.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/://:/:/:/::/

"Yao Fei?" I ask I set down the now clean bone.

"Yes, Thea?" Yao says as stirs the fire.

"I know why you forced me to kill the bird." I say. 

"You do, child?" Yao says as he looks into my eyes. 

"This journey won't be easy will it? To make it home?" I question. 

"No, Thea. Many lives will be lost in the process. You must be ready, you must not get lost in the pain. In the pain, find yourself. Remember that child." Yao says as he sits down next me. 

"You think I'll ever see my family again?" I ask looking at him. 

"That is my wish, Thea." Yao says. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/://:/:/:/:/:/://://:/

"Release." Yao commands.

I immediately release the bow string, sending the arrow zipping through the air. Sadly, missing its intended target, the tree. I drop my arm down in frustration. 

"Patience, Thea. Cities were not built in days." Yao counsels as he places a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I know, Yao." I say place the bow back in Yao's hands.

"With training and concentration, you will be the best marksmen of them all." Yao says as he loads an arrow on the bow string and pulls it back.

"Even better than you?" I tease as Yao focuses on his target and releases the string.

"You wish." Yao teases back, as the arrow zips through the air and hits his target, the rabbit, perfectly killing the creature instantly. 

We chuckle happily together.

"Fetch our dinner, Thea." Yao commands as he gathers his bearings.

I nod, and take off for the deceased rabbit. I stop when I see the rabbit laying there peacefully. As I collect the rabbit, I hear a twig snap. I look up and search the surronding areas with my eyes, nothing in sight. I shrug and stand to my feet, as I'm about to walk off, I am hit over the head and forced into unconsciousness.  

HEY DUDES! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER, GIVE IT A VOTE AND MAYBE A COMMENT?? ANY THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, QUESTIONS, EVEN SOME CRITICISM, SHOOT DOWN BELOW! KEEP CHECKING OUT THE STORY AND ENJOY! ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SEE IN THIS STORY TELL ME, I WILL TRY MY BEST TO MAKE IT HAPPEN! THANKS FOR READING! BTW, CHECK OUT MY OTHER THEA AND LAUREL BOOK, CALLED SPEEDY AND THE CANARY!