Birthday Bash, I Think You Mean Birthday Crash

"What do you think Ollie, tahitan green or midnight black? I am personally leaning towards the midnight black." I ask Oliver as he munches on an apple.

"I think you've been dropping hints all week, Speedy, and Mom still isn't buying you a car for your birthday." Oliver exclaims.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Mom laughs lightly as she walks in and sets her things down.

"What? Oliver got a car when he turned 18!" I argue.

"But I could also back it out of the driveway without hitting a tree." Oliver teases.

"That is true, but I remember you taking the paint off the side of your dad's Maserati." Tommy chips in as he walks in.

"There's my favorite brother!" I cheer happily from my seat on the couch, arms open wide for a hug from Tommy.

"While this has been fun, we have a party planner waiting. I'll be waiting in the car, Thea." Mom says as she hugs Tommy and leaves our house.

I stand up giving Oliver a hug and then Tommy. As I move to grab my jacket, I see a news report on TV that peaks my interest.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"The department has the same comment as it had for the other two, no comment!" Detective Lance snaps at reporters before hastily walking away.

"While the SCPD may not be willing to go on the record, but traffic cameras caught the entire thing on this exclusive. Shortly after 1 AM, three masked robbers approached the armored vehicle. After watching what appears to be..." A male reporter reports as the video of incident plays.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"And this is why rich people keep their money offshore." Tommy mumbles.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"One of the guards was pronounced dead on scene while the other died enroute to Starling General. Their identities have not yet been released." The male reporter finishes.

:/:/:/://:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Hey, if you ever want Mom to buy you car, best if you don't keep her waiting." Oliver advises.

I nod and laugh softly as I leave the house, while heading the door I'm already sending Diggle a text.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"With all the guys working up top, you moght want to consider a side entrance for your, uh, Arrow Cave." John offers as he enters our hideout.

"Already done. South alleyway. And there's something I want to show you." I say.

"Oh my god, you're finally getting into online dating and you need help with your profile. I feel so honored." John says sarcastically.

"Not exactly, Diggle, but there is someone I would like to meet." I sigh.

"Yeah, I read about it this is the third truck to get hit this month." John says as I pull up the video of the heist.

"I saw it on the news this morning. I couldn't piece together why it seemed so familiar. Then I remembered this. Kandahar, '09, when the marines took out a Taliban transport vehicle." I say.

"Well, there's a reason why it looks so similar. These guys are running the exact sameness swarming technique. Where'd you find this?" John says.

"I was researching someone. Bodyguard who works for a private security firm. Blackhawk Squad Protection Group. His name is Ted Gaynor." I answer.