The Beginning

"I'm gonna miss you, Mommy." Thea, who is 12 years old at the time, says as she hugs her mother, Moira, tight.

Moira chuckles, and wraps her arms around Thea and rubs her back gently.

"I'm gonna miss you, sweetheart. You better be on your best behavior for you Dad." Moira says as Thea pulls.

"Pinky promise. I'm gonna take lots of pictures of the animals." Thea says proudly.

"And I'll take lots of pictures of you acting like a goofball." Thea's dad, Robert, says as he places his hands on her shoulders.

"Please be safe, Robert." Moira says sternly.

"I will, and I will watch Thea like a hawk. Nothing is gonna get pass me." Robert says with a smile.

"Now Thea, go say goodbye to your brother. Something tells me he's gonna miss he's little Speedy." Moira says, nudging Thea towards where her brother stands.

Thea smiles at both her parents, before taking of full speed towards her big brother, Oliver.

"Ollie!" Thea cries as tackles his legs and hugs them tight.

Oliver looks down and smiles at his sister.

"Guess who's gonna miss you the most?" Oliver says as he kneels down to Thea's height.

Thea shrugs her shoulders in response.

"This guy. I'm gonna miss my #1 girl." He says as ruffles her long hair.

"I thought Laurel was your #1 girl." Thea responds.

"Don't tell her, but you'll always be my #1. Cause your my sister, and blood is thicker than water." Oliver answers.

"Come on, Thea! We have to board the boat!" Robert calls.

"Coming!" Thea screams.

Thea quickly kiss her brother on the cheek, and takes off. Once her and her father are on the boat, she turns toward the pier and waves at her Mom and Oliver.

"Bye!" Thea screams as she waves goodbye.

:/:/:/:/://:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/LATER ON THE QUEEN'S GAMBIT(Thea's POV)

"Daddy, I'm scared." I admit as I sit on my bed, the boat rocking side to side, and with wind and rain hitting the boat.

"It's gonna be okay, Thea. I'm gonna go check to see what's going on, okay? I'll be right back." Dad promises as he kisses my forehead and leaves the room.

As soon as Dad leaves the room, I start to get more fearful. I keep trying to control my breathing, and try not to panic. Right when I'm about to burst into tears, Dad comes barging into the room.

"See, Thea. Everything is going to be okay." He says calmly.

That's when everything became not okay, fast.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"DADDY! PLEASE, HELP! ANYONE, PLEASE!" I scream as my head bobs constantly into the water.

When, I come back up, I see the boat explode into a fiery heap.

'Oh, no.' I think.

"DADDY, NO!" I scream.

"THEA? THEA! WHERE ARE YOU, THEA?" I hear my Dad scream.

'Yes, he's alive!' I mentally cheer.

"OVER HERE, DAD! IM RIGHT HERE, PLEASE!" I cry waving my arms wildly.

That's when I see my Dad and another crew member come pulling around on a tiny life boat. I cry tears of joy. He smiles when he sees me. He quickly stears the bot toward me and pulls me up into it. I hug him so tightly.

"Dad, I was so scared. I thought I was alone." I cry.

He wraps he his arms around me as well, and squeezes me tight.

"Thank god, you're okay. I was so scared I lost you. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Dad says as he pulls back and checks for injuries.

"I'm okay. We're okay." I sigh taking hold of his hand.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:DRIFTING A SEA

"We're running out of rations. Between the three of us, will be out of food and water in three days." The last crew member of the Queen's Gambit says. 

Dad nods his head in understanding. Dad grabs my head and pulls me into his chest. 

"I'm sorry." Dad gasp out.

BANG!

I jump back off my dad from the loud noise, I turn and see the crew member lay dead. Once I turn back around, Dad is holding the gun up to his head. 

"Daddy, please. Don't leave me alone." I plead. 

"Thea, I'm not a good man. You deserve to live baby girl, I don't." Dad starts off. 

"But I can't do this, not alone." I cry.

"Yes, you can. You're strong Thea, you've always been. Take this, when you get back home, you gotta do right by me. Right my wrongs." Dad says as he slides a small leather notebook to me. 

"Dad, please." I plead. 

"Right my wrongs. Survive. Make it home, okay? God, Thea. There's so much you don't know. I love you so much." Dad says as he starts sobbing. 

"Just put the gun down." I plead once more. 

"Close your eyes, Thea." He says. 

"Dad." I whisper looking at him sadly.

"Close. Your. Eyes. Please." He says. 

I sadly close my eyes and attempt to cover my ears. 

"I love you. God, forgive me." I hear him whisper, then I hear the gun fire. 

BANG!

I start sobbing uncontrollably, and crawl over to Dad's dead body. I rest my head on his chest, and grip his shirt. 

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!" I scream at the the top of my lungs, in the middle of the empty ocean. 

I listen hard for any type of response. I hear nothing. I rest my head back on my Dad's chest. 

"Please, somebody help." I whisper broken-hearted. 

/://:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

I wake up when I feel the life boat hitting something repeatedly. I look up from my dead father's chest, and see the boat is on the sand of an island. I gasp and begin to smile. I reach down and grab Dad by under his armpits and pull him out of the boat. I drop my Dad of into the sand and drop to knees exhausted. 

"Where am I?" I whisper, confused of the scenery. 

'It's an island, I'm on an island. I'm saved!' I think. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SO I HAVE DECIDED THAT ALL THE ODD CHAPTERS WILL BE CURRENT, WHILE ALL THE EVENS WILL BE THEA TELLING WHAT HAPPENED DURING HER DISAPPEARANCE OF 5 YEARS. UNLESS, I END UP HAVE TO UP EXTENDING A CHAPTER. JUST A QUICK HEADS UP FOR PEOPLE, THEA AND ROY ARE NOT IN A RELATIONSHIP IN THIS STORY, LIKE AT ALL. YES, ROY IS IN THE STORY, BUT NOT AS THEA'S BOYFRIEND. INSTEAD OF THEA AND ROY, IT IS THEA AND LAUREL, I KNOW IT SEEMS KINDA OF WEIRD, BUT TRUST ME IT'LL BE AWESOME WHEN I START IT UP. AS ALWAYS, ANY QUESTIONS, THOUGHTS, COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, OR ANYTHING BRING THEM TO ME DOWN BELOW. I WILL ALSO TRY UPDATE ONCE A WEEK, MAYBE MORE.