The Huntress Returns pt. 2

"Just your father. Anyone else gets hurt and I'll put an arrow in you." I threaten as we watch the two vans pull out.

"That's sweet. Now I know how you charmed your cop girlfriend." Helena smirks as she turns to look at me.

I tense and clench my jaw, refusing to say anything more. I place the helmet over my head and start my motorcycle up.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

As the vans split up, I nod to Helena. We cross each's others path and take a van each. I follow the van, dodging between cars on the road so I never lose sight. I toss an explosive dart toward the back of the van's doors, blowing them off. As the smoke clears, I come to a stop. As I lift the visor of my helmet and glance inside, I see it is empty. I place the visor down and turn back around. Ignoring the sirens and the cars beeping at me.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Damn it." I snap as I watch from a distance Helena being arrested by Detective Lance and McKenna.

Helena locks eyes with me. I slap the visor on my helmet back down and drive off.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"I knew you'd come for me." Helena smiles as I enter the empty and dark interrogation room.

I say nothing. I break the handcuffs off her and set her free. I grab her by the arm and lead us out the room and to safety.

"Freeze!" Quentin yells, gun out and pointing toward us.

I toss a dart with a sleep sedative at him, hitting him in the neck. He falls to the ground and is knocked out. I grab Helena and I drag her to safety.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"Thanks for the save." Helena says.

"I couldn't risk you telling the police about me." I reason as I walk toward her.

"Is that the only reason?" Helena smiles as she places her arms around my shoulders.

I grab her arms gently and pull them off of me. Helena scoffs and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Why can't you just admit that you still have feelings for me too?" Helena sighs.

"You don't get it. Helena, you know how I feel about you but I can't be with you. I hate who I am when I'm with you. You turn me into a cold blooded killer. And that's not who I am." I scoff.

"Really? This isn't who you are? You may not be villain, but you're certainly not saint either, Speedy." Helena snaps.

I sigh and reach into my vigilante suit. I pull out an envelope. I hand it out to her.

"What is it?" She asks, looking away from me.

"A plane ticket to Rome and a passport so you can start a new life somewhere else. The police know you're tracking your father, Helena. You'll never find him. It's time for you let go and have peace." I explain.

"And I take it you won't be coming with me. To start over of course." Helena sighs as she takes it from me.

"Get out of my city, Helena." I say to her strongly, my voice wavering.

I don't know if it's from anger or sadness. But as I walk off and mount my motorcycle, I don't dear turn around.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"I'm sorry. I should've called." I sigh as McKenna answers the door in a robe and towel in her hands that's drying her hair.

"No, it's, it's okay. Really. Come on in." McKenna encourages.