Dodger pt. 1

"You might want to take it easy if you plan on taking someone off that list tonight." John warns as I take a deep breath, pausing on my intense training.

"This is me taking it easy." I huff as I break a stick in half.

"So who's our lucky guy tonight?" John asks, changing the topic.

"Ken Williams. His pyramid scheme stole millions. People didn't just lose their homes. Their lives were ruined. Why don't you two call it in early tonight? I'm not expecting much trouble." I explain as I throw a shirt on and start getting my gear together.

As I throw on my suit and go to leave, entering the code for the door, it refuses to open. I try again and once again it won't open. I sigh and try to calm down as I storm toward Felicity.

"Felicity! Did you just-?" I start to ask.

"Computer override your lock. Maybe a little." She finishes as she spins around in the chair to look at me.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I pulled up some information on Mr. Williams. Did you know he's a widowed father of a ten-year-old boy? I told you, I'm only in this to help Walter not to be an accessory to orphaning little kids." Felicity explains.

"I'm just giving him a warning." I sigh.

"Has it ever occurred to you, you could do some real good in the city beyond just recovering people's stock portfolios and their saving accounts?" Felicity huffs.

I reach past her and unlock the door from the computer.

"You're not the only one who knows how to reboot my system." I whisper to her.

"I made a mistake." Felicity says.

"Getting in my way? Because I don't disagree." I offer.

"No. Signing on with you, even provisionally." Felicity snaps as she stands to her feet and storms off.

John laughs to himself softly as he watches everything go down.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Well, maybe we should come back later." I shrug as John and I enter Felicity's office only to see she's not there.

"No, maybe we should wait, Thea. This is really serious. What if her next attack of conscience leads her right to the police?" John questions.

"Oh, she won't say anything. I know. I had to make the same calculation when you found out about me." I say.

"Mm-hmm, and what would you have done if you were wrong and I decided to make a call to Detective Lance?" John smirks.

"Simple. I would have put an arrow in you." I say.

"Ha! No, really, really, you really would have done that, really?" John asks worriedly.

"Hm, I had a bet going with myself on how quickly you two would visit to tell me not to reveal your secret. Looks like I won." Felicity says as enters her office and sits down at her desk.

"Actually, Felicity, I was hoping that I could get you to change your mind. I was worked up on adrenaline last night and I didn't exactly put my best foot forward. I was hoping you'd give me the opportunity to do that now." I explain.

"How about you start with Ken Williams? Did he also get to enjoy your adrenaline last night?" Felicity pushes.

"No, he returned the money that he stole just in time to put his son to bed. Like I said, Felicity, just a warning." I say.

Before either of us could respond, the sound of a news report playing on Felicity's computer floats around the room.

'At this time we'd like to remind the public that we are coordinating our efforts with Interpol as the Dodger operates primarily in Europe and they have advised us to warn the public that he is armed and...'