The Aussie Man

I walk cautiously as I approach the grassy field, seeing the wrecked airplane in the middle. I take deep breath in as I enter the airplane. As I'm looking around the plane, all of a sudden a figure jumps from and places a blade against my neck.

"Twicth, and I will open your throat. How many more are with you?" The Aussie man threatens. 

"W-what?" I stutter. 

"You have ten seconds to tell me something I believe before I cut out your voice box." He threatens again.

"Wait, wait, wait. Yao Fei sent me here. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't to kill me." I say. 

The man pushes me off and stares at me intently. 

"What?" He ask, pointing the blade towards me.

"He gave me directions to your...plane." I say carefully. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

The man leans over and points at the map, saying something in a foreign language.

"It's Chinese, it means-." I try to say.

"Survive." He says roughly as he looks up at me.

"What do you think he meant besides not getting killed?" I ask. 

"There's an airfield ten clicks from here. It's key off this island. Yao Fei and I have been observing it for months. Familiarizing ourselves with their operations. We were supposed to get off this island together. But then Yao afeitar was compromised and we were separated." The man explains as he opens the box and throws me a blade.

"What's this for?" I ask.

"I think Yao Fei sent you because he knows I cannot take the airstrip alone." The man sighs.

"Sounds like Yao." I smile.

"He is a softer judge of character than I am. If you're going to have my back, I need to you can cover it." The man says as he draws his blade 

"Wait, you trust a 12 year old girl? You don't know me." I say.

"As much as I trust 12 year old boy. And I'm Slade Wilson." Slade smirks. 

"Thea Queen." I say. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"What are you doing? Fight back." Slade says as he swings at me, the blade centimeters from my neck. 

I push him away and swing towards him, he ducks my swing and nips me with the sword. I hiss in pain. 

"Keep your blade up. Always stay behind your sword." Slade instructs. 

I huffs as I charge toward him, he simply pushes me forward and I crash into some cases.

"You have no skill. No strength. No training." Slade sighs.

"I'm not a solider, I'm just a girl." I sigh.

"So what? Just cause you're a girl you can't fight? I don't care what's in your pants, when we go out there, I need to know you'll have my back. So pay attention." Slade snaps before throwing a punch that knocks me out.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

As I come to I realize that I'm tied to a chair, my hand bound in rope. 

"Sorry, kid. It's nothing personal. The airfield was a very heavily fortified position. I've been there, and I cannot take it on my own." Slade sighs as he draws his blade out.

"So what? Huh? You're just gonna to kill me?" I say angrily.

"Like I said. It's nothing personal. But if you're alive, and they find you. They'll torture you until you give up my location and I cannot allow for that to happen." Slade says.

"Don't leave. Don't do this to me alright, please." I beg.

"Don't make it more difficult. I'll do this in a way you will not feel at all." Slade promises.

I scream in pain as I break my thumb, slipping out of the rope.

"I'd prefer to stay alive." I huff out in pain clutching my hand tightly, slapping him in the face with the other.

"Congratulations, Thea Queen. There might be a fighter inside of you after all." He smiles, rubbing his cheek. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"You know, this does not change anything between you and I. It takes two men, sorry, a man and kid, to take the airfield. And if you compromise me getting off this island I will kill you. You've had your second chance." Slade says as we sit by the fire.

"You need me just as much as I need you. So what's our next step?" I ask.

"Turning you into something that won't get us both killed. Chose a weapon, kid." Slade sighs.

"We're starting now?" I ask.

Slade gives me a pointed look.

"Sorry I asked." I say under my breath as I make my way to the crate. 

As I dig through the crate for a weapon, I see the same black and white mask that haunts my dream. 

"That's mine." Slade says.

"You're the lunatic who tortured me?" I ask. 

"No. That was the other guy." Slade sighs. 

"Why should I trust you?" I yell.

"This mask, it's my operational equivalent to a balaclava. My partner and I wore them to keep our identities classified during our missions." Slade explains.

"You're lying. Fyers told me this nutcase is a prisoner on the island." I accuse.

"And Flyers is such a trustworthy individual. He lied to you. My partner and I came here to free Yao Fei and get him off this island. We're A.S.I.S. Australian intelligence. Now go find yourself a weapon. Have you considered yourself a sword? I like swords." Slade says. 

Author's Note: woah it's been a second. I've been struggling with writing and I've been missing the support of my readers, but I'll try to get back in it.