In The End, There's Only Us

"The plane's holding steady at 33,000 feet. That's the range for missile intercept, sir." Alan says to Fyers.

"Lock missile one on target." Fyers orders.

"Missile one locked on the jet's heat trail." Alan says.

"Prepare to launch on my mark." Fyers says.

I turn to look at Slade and he nods. Then, I turn to look at Shado and she nods. Then, Shado and Slade look at one another. They nod. It was time. I slice the rope bounding my hands and jump to my feet, charging towards Fyers. I quickly knock him down and use the knife in my hands to stab Alan.

"Shado!" I scream.

She quickly turns around and I cut through her rope that was keeping her hands bound. Shado springs into action, attacking men left and right. Suddenly, Alan's fist is striking me against my face and he grabs me by my neck, throwing me against the table. His hands are wrapped tight around my neck, squeezing the life out of me. I try anything and everything to get him to let me go. When I thought all hope was lost, there's Shado.

"Hands off." Shado demands, striking Alan before pulling him back and snapping his neck.

She tosses him aside and grabs my hand, we run out the tent.

"Oh, no." I whisper as I see the missile launcher fire.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

I run, trying to devise a plan to stop that missile. Suddenly I'm met with heavy gun fire, I quickly duck behind some crates. But there's Shado and Slade, taking out the men and providing cover with their own gun fire.

"Go, kid!" Slade screams.

I nod and run off, jumping up and joining Shado on the missile launcher.

"We need to reprogram the missile." Shado explains as she fiddling with the various wires and circuit boards.

"I don't know how to reprogram a missile launcher!" I exclaim.

"Well, I do." Shado says with a smirk.

"Shado, watch out!" I scream as a guy comes behind her with a gun.

Shado grabs the weapon and the guy's arm, swinging him around as she disarms him. She fires the gun, killing another man. All of sudden, now our missile launcher is mobile, jolting all of us. Shado continues to take down this guy, delivering various punches before they both fall off the missile launcher.

"Thea, put the chip in!" Shado calls out.

I nod. As I make my way to the circuitry, I barely manage to dodge an incoming blow from another on Fyers' paid lackeys. I tackle him and try to throw him off, instead he pushes me back and tries to deliver several punches. I kick him off me and grab him, tossing him off the missile launcher. I scramble ahead, quickly putting the chip in. I sigh in relief as I watch the missile divert, missing the plane and dropping back down. And where did it go exactly? Well, it went to Fyers' camp.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Shado! Slade!" I scream as I walk around the destroyed camp.

As I'm walking, I stumble upon Yao Fei's wooden box. Unbelievable. Nearly everything in this campsite destroyed, but this was still intact. He truly did still live on. I open it, pulling out a bow and an arrow. I load the arrow upon the string and rest my fingers along the string. When I hear laughter, I quickly jump up. And it was Slade. In the midst of disaster here he was laughing on the ground.

"I should've figured. You couldn't save the day without making a mess." Slade laughs as he stumbles up to his feet.

"Where's Shado?" I ask him.

"I thought she was with you." Slade says, his laughter fading.

"Actually, she's with me." Fyers says, coming up from behind us with Shado in his hands and gun aimed at her head.

"Let her go! It's over, Fyers!" Slade demands, storming towards him, only to collapse to his feet.

"Let her go. She's coming home with us." I order, drawing back the string and aiming it directly at Fyers.

"Amazing. A two year operation undone because a little girl happened to wash up on the shore and now here you are. A killer. You wanted nothing more than to leave this island and you call it home. I'll call in a rescuer ship, you can go back to your real home. Tell me, Ms. Queen. Are you prepared to sacrifice your freedom for them?" Fyers says.

"I'm not a little girl anymore, Fyers. You made sure of that when you had me tortured. And secondly..." I begin to say, before firing off the arrow.

The arrow embeds it's self directly into Fyers' neck.

"They're my family." I finish.

Fyers falls to the ground, dead. Shado let's out a sigh of relief and Slade begins to laugh again.

"Not bad, kid. Not bad at all." Slade laughs.

"Family?" Shado questions as she joins Slade and I, helping Slade to his feet as she drapes his arm over her shoulders and her arm circles his waist.

"If that's okay?" I question nervously, looking at them both.

Slade and Shado look at each other, silently communicating.

"Family." Shado confirms.

"Family." Slade confirms.

"Family." I sigh happily.

Now, we slowly walk back to the wreckage of the plane we call home. This time, we openly talk with one another, not holding back our voices or our laughter. I walk ahead of Slade and Shado as we all talk aimlessly. When I turn around to look at them, Shado and Slade have stopped and our looking at each other. They break their eyes away, Shado grinning and Slade with a small smile on his face.

"Guys?" I call out.

"It's nothing. Let's go home, kid." Slade laughs softly as he hobbles along with Shado's assistance.

This time, Slade takes my hand. It was kinda like when Shado holds my hand, but it's different of course. It was a good different.

Author's Note: vote and comment what you thought! Flashbacks have now officially concluded!!! Two more chapters of Book 1 left! I've also officially decided to do a behind the scenes of what the show didn't cover for every episode! Which means every episode I'll be writing a short story of what we didn't get to see, it'll either be current or flashback so you'll just have to wait and see! Comment some things you wish you got to see on screen!!!