Figure in the Dark

"Thea, please say something." Mom says worryingly. 

"Mazel Tov!" I say as I rise my glass of water in a toasting fashion and take a sip from it.

"This is interesting." Felicity mumbles as she's leans back in her seat, watching and wait for the scene to unfold.

"You're not upset? Not even a little?" Oliver questions as he leans forward in his seat, dissecting me with his eyes.

"Ollie, Dad and I were gone for 5 years. Hell, you even thought we were dead. I'm glad she's moved on, besides from what I can tell your happy. Right, Mom?" I say gesturing her into the conversation. 

"Yes, I'm quite happy." Mom sighs with a  smile. 

"Than I'm happy. Besides, it's time we all move past those 5 years. Cheers to new memories." I say picking up to toast my glass, signaling everyone to join in, 

"New memories." They each sound, raising up their glasses. 

"Welcome home, Thea." Walter says with a small smile. 

"Welcome to the family, Walter." I say back with a small smile of my own. 

:/:/:/://:://:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/ 

"Got to say, I'm feeling pretty damn good. I mean considering the bill the legal team  handed me today, who wouldn't? Now that I got thorn of a lawsuit out of my side, we can focus on better things." James Holder laughs as he converse through the phone. 

James Holder, this man put defective smoke detectors in low income homes throughout the Glades. To many fires and to many funerals, James Holder has failed this city. 

"Okay, I'll see you in the office first thing tomorrow." James Holder says before hanging up his cell phone and tossing it into the chair behind him. 

"I think you've had enough." I say through the voice scrambler, my voice sound insanely deeper, as shoot in arrow through Holder's beer bottle, shattering it into his hands.

"I've armed security right outside, all I have to do is scream and they'll be here." James attempts to threaten. 

"Go ahead, they won't hear you. Although I think one of them might be alive, not really sure. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention." I say as throw one of Holder's men's handgun. 

"What do you want from me?" He growls. 

"I wanna know how many people have to die in order to meet your luxurious lifestyles!" I snap. 

"I don't understand." James Holder mumbles.

"The court says you don't owe your victims anything, I disagree. James Holder, you have-!" I start off, but I'm cut of a bullet cutting through the skies and the thud of Holder's body hitting the pool. 

I quickly turn around, already armed with a bow locked and ready. When I see the flash of a sniper rifle from the rooftop of a building a launch three arrows, but I'm returned with heavy gunfire. I'm hit in the arm by a stray bullet as I duck behind table to avoid the bullets. I groan in anger as I see Holder's dead body floating atop the water I found his pool and the steady stream of blood escaping my upper arm. 

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Yes, Tommy, I will be there." I say to Tommy through clench teeth over the phone as I extract the bullet from my arm and lightly place in the tray in front of me.

"You know where me and Ollie's club is right?" Tommy questions. 

"Stop worrying. I know where the club is, what time it starts." I say quickly stitch up the bullet hole.