A Chance

I watch from behind the large pipes as Kyle Reston and his family believe they're making there grand getaway, waiting for the best opportunity to strike. I as load an arrow, getting ready to surprise the Restons, two officers burst in trying to take down the Restons, and things quickly begin to escalate.

"Ah, crap." I hiss, as I hear gunfire from both sides.

I peer my head up in time to see the Restons and the bag of money run across from me. I quickly send a grapple arrow through the bag of money out of their hands, and pull towards me fast.

"I'll take that. And where do you think your going?" I say smartly through the voice scrambler.

"Shit." I hear one of the bank robbers whisper.

Before either of us could react, another round of bullets fly over our heads from the cops. 

"Let's go!" I hear their father yell. 

"What about the cash?" Kyle snaps.

Suddenly, they begin fleeing, dropping their weapons. Leaving me with the cops to deal with. I quickly tie the bag of cash around a rope and send an arrow attached with the rope up in the ceiling, the bag of money swaying from above.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"I need a favor." I say into the cellphone as rip my hood of my head.

"You know I will start charging you soon." Felicity says jokingly from over the phone.

"Put it on my tab. I'll be by in 20." I say before hanging up.

"Where to?" John ask as he approaches me in our hideout.

"Look sharp, we're heading to a friend." I say before grabbing my extra clothes to change into.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

"And why are we looking for Derek Reston?" Felicity questions as she begins to get to work on her laptop.

I quickly look at Diggle and with my eyes signal him to come up with a lie. He quickly squints his eyes at me and shakes his head. Guess since it was my idea, it's also my lie.

"Well, John was telling me about his good old days in school, and I started thing about mine. The little bit of it anyway. Then, I remembered, yeah, well what I remembered was, umm. Just look for Mr. Reston please." I ramble.

Felicity flashes her eyes over her screen, giving a questioning look before continuing back to her search. I turn to Diggle who is rolls his eyes as he give me a sarcastic thumbs up.

"There's no recent activity on him. Oh, guess you guys met at the factory." Felicity states.

"Uh, what factory?" I question sitting up from the seat.

"The Queen Steel Factory? He worked there for 15 years before it closed in '07." Felicity answers.

"Derek Reston, he, he worked for my father?" I ask.

"Yeah, he was the factory foreman until your father outsourced production to Chine. 1,500 employees got laid off. It seems like they also found a loophole, so they didn't have to pay severance packages or pensions to the employees. They all pretty much lost everything, including your friend." Felicity explains.

"Thank you for your help." I say as stand abruptly, grabbing my coat and getting ready to leave her cubicle.

"Thea, I know hearing these things about the company and your father must be hard. But despite everything, we both know he was a good man. Okay?" Felicity says as she grabs my hand, stopping me from going.