The Unexpected

[Unedited]

Part 2 of Hustle and Flow

Listening to Key's latest beat DJay bopped his head. Already thinking up a hook for the song. Having been three years since his release life was substantially better. Signing reluctantly with his current record label had been the best choice of his. It was a small label but the only one not concerned about his age. Having hit 45 not to long ago was a blessing. He didnt wake up in a hot ass house sweating his weight in water. He lived comfortably a beautiful two story 9 bedroom home just for the hell of it. AC used to be luxury but now it was just an everyday need.

He liked being this well off. Though just because he was getting rich didn't mean he was stupid. He was saving up his money. There was gonna come a time when rapping wasnt gonna pay the bills. Living in the suburbs was a definite change though. You could move out the hood but you couldn't take it out yourself so easily. Just the other day he had gotten in Shugs ass about drying the clothes outside as if they didn't have a fully functioning dryer. She was always doing something. He wouldn't have it any other way though.

In the past few years he found monogamy wasnt as hard as he thought it was. Sure there was always pussy being thrown at him left and right. At the end of the day no one knew him like Shug. Did for him like Shug. That was his baby. He had unofficially asked her to marry him on his birthday. Truthfully it had been during sex but still. She said yes so that was that. He just needed to make the time to sneak the ring on her finger. Thinking about her in a pretty wedding dress had him springing a hard. The years had done her good as well. Seeing her in luxury was a turn on in itself. He didn't think he could ever get tired if fucking her in the big ass house. Putting out his blunt he adjusted himself in his shorts.

"Key sounds good mayne. I can get something started tonight." DJay spoke getting up.

"Cool....where you going? I got another one." Key tossed out as DJay walked out his home studio. He waved off Key on a search for Shug. Finding her coloring with Keisha and Nola. The 4 year old beamed spotting him.

"Hi papa." She chirped making Shug and Nola look up.

"Hey lil mama." He responded rolling up on them. Feigning being interested in what they were up to as Keisha started rambling. She had quickly carved herself a peice of his heart. She was his little girl and couldn't nobody tell him anything else. Parenting was the hardest thing he had ever tried at. Much to everyone's suprise though he seemed to melt into the position after while. In his mind parenting was like pimping minus the tricking. The discipline and care the main part to focus on.

"Can I put it on tha fridge daddy?" Keisha questioned showing him the rainbow dog. He nodded pecking her on the cheek.

"Can we get a doggy? Like dis one? But a cute puppy. Ooooooo...it need a chain." She blurted looking for a gold color.

".....Rainbow dogs dont exist." Nola teased.

"Yo friends dont." Keisha huffed, DJay chuckled lightly enjoying the bantering.

"I can count to 100 though."

"Cause no friends." Giggling she reached for more colors accidentally knocking her juice over.

"Shit mayne." She exclaimed, Nola busted into laughter quickly grabbing some paper towels.

"Keisha." Shug sighed hating the potty mouth her child was growing into.

"Watch ya mouth mayne. Ya little ass need to stay little." DJay scolded giving the little girl a hard look. Prime example of why she said the things she said.

"Sorry." Keisha rushed out not wanting to get popped by one of those heavy hands of his. Nodding DJay placed his hands on Shug's shoulders giving it a squeeze. Looking up confused he motioned with his head to get up. Doing so wordlessly she followed him upstairs. Biting her lip as she pushed her into their bedroom.